1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Assign A Random, Non Recurring Set Of Numbers Based On Trophy Points?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Divvens, May 6, 2015.

1. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

We run giveaways based on users trophy points, for every 1000 trophy points users earn "1" ticket. The ticket is a random number which shouldn't repeat (at least shouldn't repeat in the same giveaway).

So I was wondering, can I set up a page or create a BBCode so that I can automate this process? Currently we assign the tickets manually, but it would be better if say user clicks a link and it automatically generates the tickets for them (which they can then copy and store for their reference or it stays on the respective page/post).

In-case of a BBCode using that code should generate random numbers which shouldn't repeat based on the trophy points. In-case of a page, maybe if they visit the page they automatically see a random set of numbers for their account which they can copy and save?

Thank you in advance!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I would suggest a custom add-on for this type of thing. @Chris D's competitions add-on may be able to help.

Divvens likes this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Divvens likes this.
  4. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Indeed, one entry per user. I didn't think it would fit based on what you said.

Divvens likes this.
  6. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'll be honest, I mentioned without the slightest knowledge of functionality. Never researched it, knew it by name only.