XF 1.4 Asking for advice...

Bonsai Coder

I currently have a site up at www.bonsainut.com/forums (a vbulletin install). I normally have 70+ users active at peak times of the day.

I am going to be installing xenForo... and I think I want to install it in the root.

Is there any way I can creatively install xenForo in the root where no one can see the site until it is done? I.e. keep directly all traffic to the old site until I "switch" the site on?

This would require me to be able to access the site in the root somehow - even when all the rest of the traffic is being forwarded to the subdirectory.

That is what I would LIKE to do... but I'm not sure how to do it. Install everything into a subdirectory and once it was all exactly how I wanted it just copy it into the root? Is it that simple?

Why?

That's not necessary.

Brogan you DO have to change the board URL in options. There are a few things that still refer to it, so if it doesn't point to the new location in the root, you will get some bad links.

I am specifically referring to conversation emails - the links in them will be bad if you don't update the URL.

Hmm... I will EVENTUALLY find out something about this software that you don't know... or that you haven't written about in a FAQ. And then I will GLOAT! Bwah hahahaha.... (evil laughter)

Top Bottom