Ask Users to Choose a Style...

faeronsayn

I was wondering how hard it would be to implement a way to ask users to choose a style before they start browsing the site.

Maybe for guests, a default style can be picked. But once a member logs into their account, it just prompts the member to choose between two styles before they can keep on browsing the site. Maybe an overlay, or something of that sort.

What I am essentially saying is that, if it's possible to almost have "two default styles". Users can pick whichever they want through the style chooser, but that's basically hidden away in xenForo. I'd want the users to basically pick a style before they start browsing the site. That choice would then be normally saved as if they choose it from the Style Chooser.

Is there any way to accomplish something of this sort? I have multiple styles, but I want users to have two default ones and the rest being normal.

Admin CP -> Home -> List Notices

There is user criteria for the current style:

Screen shot 2012-11-02 at 7.51.11 PM.webp

In that way you can show a notice on the starting style which prompts the user to choose a style.

Admin CP -> Home -> List Notices

There is user criteria for the current style:

View attachment 36453

In that way you can show a notice on the starting style which prompts the user to choose a style.

That's actually a good way to make users aware of the other style. But how would you accomplish what I've said above. Basically, the user must choose between one of the two styles before they can start browsing the site.

Top Bottom