Lack of interest Ask for required user fields after email validation

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Alpha1

To increase registration rates, I would like a setting to show required fields (stock fields & custom fields) after email validation. For example:
  • date of birth
  • any required custom field
This would make it possible to fine tune the registration page to the liking of the admin. Personally I would prefer to make the first registration step as easy as possible. I would only ask for username, email and password.
Other required fields can then be requested after email validation.
After all required fields are filled in accounts can be approved by staff (if the admin has set this)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I don't think this is a good idea. As a user I like to know what information a website requires when I sign up. Putting it on the registration page makes it clear and I can choose whether to sign up or not. I'd feel cheated if registration only showed the basics and only after registering more information was demanded. I'd walk away, leaving my account not fully confirmed. That gives admins more tidying up to do.

Top Bottom