Ashley Here!

Hey you guys, my name is Ashley, I'm 23 and a half, and I run one forum of my own. I chose the username Michael W. Smith Fan because it simply means that I am a fan of Michael W. Smith and his music. I have been listening to him off and on for almost 6 years, and his music has always been a source of inspiration to me. I look forward to getting to know everyone here. I am currently using phpBB at the moment but we will officially be moving to XF in a few months. So, here I am!

Welcome to here Ashley. You'll love XenForo.
I'm also a fan of MWS, love his music and his testimony.
Enjoy!

Welcome to here Ashley. You'll love XenForo.
I'm also a fan of MWS, love his music and his testimony.
Enjoy!

I love this guy because he just seems to express his faith in God a heck of a lot better than some other religious artists out there. Some people sing religious songs like they're no big thing, like they're just your typical dance music or whatever, but MWS is really not afraid to let his faith really show at all, and you can hear that in just about all of his albums. He truly is an awesome worship leader for these reasons alone. It's easy to listen to his songs and almost straight away get wrapped up in his emotions and lyrics. Some of these other modern day religious artists come close. The emotions he expresess are real and his faith is real. And thanks for the welcome!

I told you it was a girl name, Ashley. :p

Screen shot 2012-01-24 at 6.25.59 PM.webp

I told you it was a girl name, Ashley. :p

View attachment 23992

Well, here in the States it's mostly a female name. But my tech admin is from the UK and he was saying once that the name Ashley is considered a unisex name, so you could name either a boy or girl that name. The spelling renditions are different there, though. Males usually spell it like how my name is spelled, while the female form is most commonly spelled Ashleigh. So yeah and yes I am female.

Well, here in the States it's mostly a female name. But my tech admin is from the UK and he was saying once that the name Ashley is considered a unisex name, so you could name either a boy or girl that name. The spelling renditions are different there, though. Males usually spell it like how my name is spelled, while the female form is most commonly spelled Ashleigh. So yeah and yes I am female.
Regardless of spelling Ashley was originally a boys name though I hardly see it used for boys that way around my neck of the woods....there's a joke there it is just so corny and lame that I have to point it out lol;) .

Funny how things change over time.

Honestly I tend not to put much stake into a name it just being a label for a container which is much more valuable really. To me names only need to mean something of personal significance to the persons raising said existence that is worth naming individually. Beyond that it is all preference, not that some names don't personally give me a chuckle <cough>river phoenix </cough>...sorry lemme shut up :-)

Hi.

You might recognize me as "Medora" at the promotion forums we are both members of.

I recall you are interested in converting your forum to xenForo. I converted mine in December, and I like the software a lot.

Regardless of spelling Ashley was originally a boys name though I hardly see it used for boys that way around my neck of the woods....there's a joke there it is just so corny and lame that I have to point it out lol;) .

Funny how things change over time.

Honestly I tend not to put much stake into a name it just being a label for a container which is much more valuable really. To me names only need to mean something of personal significance to the persons raising said existence that is worth naming individually. Beyond that it is all preference, not that some names don't personally give me a chuckle <cough>river phoenix </cough>...sorry lemme shut up :)

Really? I never knew that. That's kind of neat. No wonder why people can't tell us apart sometimes!

Hi.

You might recognize me as "Medora" at the promotion forums we are both members of.

I recall you are interested in converting your forum to xenForo. I converted mine in December, and I like the software a lot.

Hey long time no talk! :) and yeah, Xenforo is actually growing on me in terms of likeness. I didn't like it at first, but since it's so nice and professional looking, well, it makes software like phpBB and MyBB seem like nothing more than a child's play thing.

Top Bottom