Ashamed to be British

Yup and it'll get worse. It's now spreading to croydon and other parts of the country (Birmingham). Ashamed to be British? I think I was always ashamed to be British prior to the riots (EU another story).

Shelley,

It is a disgrace. Again, what started out as a peaceful protest against the Police has just allowed certain groups to do what they what. Christ, if you are repelling against the Police you do not loot/burn down your local independant stores within your own community. My biggest issue, the Police are not allowed to fight fire with fire. I am all for that. Throw a rock at a Police Officer, expect to get hit with a bullet.

I think that being British will work out, Sterling is going to be still AAA rated in the next few weeks. Our government, despite their shortcomings, seem to doing stuff. Sorry off topic.

I feel like the news is conveniently leaving out details about the riots... they say "youths"... are they referring to young muslim immigrants (similar to the previous riots in france, etc.)? Seems like there is a lot of politically correct wording in the stories I have read about it...

Any when its all over the muslim youth community, which are the main group of people causing these riots, will claim they are being singled out when the police start bringing people to justice and cracking down on the people who caused the trouble.

Its times like these that seriously make me consider voting bnp.

Shelley,

It is a disgrace. Again, what started out as a peaceful protest against the Police has just allowed certain groups to do what they what. Christ, if you are repelling against the Police you do not loot/burn down your local independant stores within your own community. My biggest issue, the Police are not allowed to fight fire with fire. I am all for that. Throw a rock at a Police Officer, expect to get hit with a bullet.

I think that being British will work out, Sterling is going to be still AAA rated in the next few weeks. Our government, despite their shortcomings, seem to doing stuff. Sorry off topic.

They should be allowed to fight fire with fire but the police being the police I think they prefer fighting fire against people with heart conditions and pregnant woman. Just saying, perhaps they hold back primarily for the safety of other innocent by standers trying to get from A to B. And I'm sure the media is playing up to this and putting the focus on british people, the youth, I'm sure that isn't the full facts.

Who knows? *shrugs*

Any when its all over the muslim youth community, which are the main group of people causing these riots, will claim they are being singled out when the police start bringing people to justice and cracking down on the people who caused the trouble.

Its times like these that seriously make me consider voting bnp.

How can you say that? Are the current riots in London/Birmingham being masterminded by Muslims? The point is, regardless of creed/colour, the riots are unfounded.

They should be allowed to fight fire with fire but the police being the police I think they prefer fighting fire against people with heart conditions and pregnant woman. Just saying, perhaps they hold back primarily for the safety of other innocent by standers trying to get from A to B. And I'm sure the media is playing up to this and putting the focus on british people, the youth, I'm sure that isn't the full facts.

Who knows? *shrugs*

Damn that is so close to how I feel. If the thugs want to play and throw fire let the Police throw it back. I can bet you that most law abiding civies are not in the crowd so let the Police open up with what they have got to send a message. This is just an opening for looters/scum to destroy London.

How can you say that? Are the current riots in London/Birmingham being masterminded by Muslims? The point is, regardless of creed/colour, the riots are unfounded.

Quite easily, because its true, all you have to do is check out the main protagonists of the riots. I'm not being racist, im simply telling the truth.

Of course they are unfounded but what the media in most western countries prefers to ignore is that multiculturalism simply does not work when immigrants do not assimilate into the host society, and when they are uneducated and poor, violence is almost always their answer to their frustrations. But ignoring the problem to remain politically correct is the standard protocol and the reason why riots like this will happen occasionally.

Quite easily, because its true, all you have to do is check out the main protagonists of the riots. I'm not being racist, im simply telling the truth.

There's plenty of whites rioting too, these are not race riots.

Those fires in Croydon (South London) are well scary, as are others right across London, I can't help to think someone is going to end-up death. :(

The Sussex police helicopter went over head here a while ago, BBC now reporting it, together with the Surrey police helicopter, have been called in by the Met police in London to assist.

Of course they are unfounded but what the media in most western countries prefers to ignore is that multiculturalism simply does not work when immigrants do not assimilate into the host society, and when they are uneducated and poor, violence is almost always their answer to their frustrations. But ignoring the problem to remain politically correct is the standard protocol and the reason why riots like this will happen occasionally.

I have not seen any reports from the media in the UK stating that these riots are being controlled by Muslims. From my point of view they are simply scum taking advantage of the peaceful protest carried out by a select few.

There's plenty of whites rioting too, these are not race riots.

Those fires in Croydon (South London) are well scary, as are others right across London, I can't help to think someone is going to end-up death. :(

The Sussex police helicopter went over head here a while ago, BBC now reporting it together with the Surrey police helicopter have been called in by the Met police in London to assist.

I still believe we should tell the EU to "bog"off and deploy harsh Police tactics. If they want to play with fire, let them taste fire (be it water cannon, rubber bullets, live ammo etc)

I have not seen any reports from the media in the UK stating that these riots are being controlled by Muslims. From my point of view they are simply scum taking advantage of the peaceful protest carried out by a select few.

Of course you wont, not unless your watching live blogs / live TV. "Political correctness" stops them from putting it into any constructed news article / bulletin.

The guardian live blog had something earlier that was *quickly* removed.

I wish I wish I wish people would STOP sayin on the news "is it to do with the jobless" and "what are they argry about" and "What are people saying on the street is the problem". p1sses me off big time. Its nothing but a set of idiots. I seriously hope someone sticks the boot in and goes against everyone to allow the police to come down on them EXTREMELY hard. Anyone who is out there by now is either involved or a complete and utter moron and probably needs a slap anyway.

Sorry, it annoys me. Did ya guess?

I still believe we should tell the EU to "bog"off and deploy harsh Police tactics. If they want to play with fire, let them taste fire (be it water cannon, rubber bullets, live ammo etc)

Possibly water cannon, not comfortable with rubber bullets and no way live ammo - far too many innocent people are in the areas when things have just suddenly kicked-off.

I've been readings posts on a London based forum, where people have been caught out in the situations, bloody scared too - the last thing you need is gung-ho coppers firing live rounds into crowds.

ETA: Remember train stations have been closed, trams & buses are not running, taxis are keeping well clear, roads closed and blocked by the police - all makes it difficult for innocent people to get away :(

Here's the main fire in Croydon....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

.... I know people that live not far for there, they are saying the air is thick with smoke.

Loads of reports of a complete lack of police in many areas where it's kicking off - the Met police are now asking for more assistance from neighboring police forces, such as Essex, Kent, Surrey, Thames Valley, etc.

Top Bottom