Articles on Home Page

I presume you mean articles from various different forums, otherwise you could just make an article forum the home page.

It would be good if a search forum widget would display articles

I presume you mean articles from various different forums, otherwise you could just make an article forum the home page.

It would be good if a search forum widget would display articles
Right, essentially pull articles from chosen forums and roll them up onto a site/forum home page, pretty much like what I shared in the link.

How about:

And then you can put different widgets there.

Would love to see Xenforo offer a portal solution, even as an additional paid feature.
They don't need to offer a portal solution - you can already have a portal. All they need is a search forum widget solution (that can display articles previews grid)

They don't need to offer a portal solution - you can already have a portal. All they need is a search forum widget solution (that can display articles previews grid)
Not out of the box and without customizations, unless I'm missing that, please show me where this is the case. Additionally, there's far more ot a portal than using the search feature to populate grids.

Not out of the box and without customizations, unless I'm missing that, please show me where this is the case. Additionally, there's far more ot a portal than using the search feature to populate grids.
Sorry, I thought a portal was a kind of home page that brings together and/or summarises the main aspests of a site. I use widgets to do that. Some html, some popular threads and social media listings, important links and featured pages/reviews/testimonials.

But I'm sure there are other definitions of portal.

Top Bottom