ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat

ArrowChat - Facebook Style Chat v4.1.1

No permission to download
Does ArrowChat allow for spam filtration being limiting how many chats can be sent at once. Cometchat does a poor job at filtering spam. Despite making changes people can still spam the forums.

Does ArrowChat allow for spam filtration being limiting how many chats can be sent at once. Cometchat does a poor job at filtering spam. Despite making changes people can still spam the forums.
Yes, there is a lot of spam protection packed in. I haven't heard of anyone complaining about spam yet.

This looks great. However, $60 is really steep. Too expensive for us.

It says on your site its a one time charge BUT you only allow us 6 months to update it???

Does it automatically know who's typing? If one of my forum users called "Gamer Fred" uses chat, does he get automatically recognized as "Gamer Fred?"

Also you mention on your site that the free trial some features may be premium features. Thats more money!

Can you break this down for us??

This looks great. However, $60 is really steep. Too expensive for us.

It says on your site its a one time charge BUT you only allow us 6 months to update it???
That's debatable. I didn't think the price was steep (I actually went for the branding free version which costs more). Price is currently $45 for the branded version.

Yes, the updates are for 6 months. Some XenForo developers also do this, others do yearly. It's essentially the same model as XenForo though - buy once, it's then up to you if you want to pay the renewal or not and, if you do, when you do it.

Does it automatically know who's typing? If one of my forum users called "Gamer Fred" uses chat, does he get automatically recognized as "Gamer Fred?"
Yes, users show up in chat rooms and in private chat with their forum user name. Any messages they have typed have their avatar next to them and in chat rooms their name and avatar appear in the user list.

Also you mention on your site that the free trial some features may be premium features. Thats more money!

Can you break this down for us??
This is pretty much broken down on this page:

https://www.arrowchat.com/purchase/

Hover over the underlined editions and it tells you the differences.

you guys need to take a little more time in providing support on your support forum

ive been using this chat abd most users are in mobile and you dont know unless you try to chat with them and get no response its very annoying

I was wondering if it's possible to password protect arrowchat admin using htaccess? I've tried this way: https://xenforo.com/community/resou...and-the-install-directory-using-htaccess.353/

Adding the htaccess to the admin dictionary of arrowchat, it worked but when users chat it's asking them to login.
The image file that shows up when the user has no avatar is located in the admin folder. You'll need to change it. You can do so by opening up the includes/integration.php file.

Find:
Code:
return $base_url . AC_FOLDER_ADMIN . "/images/img-no-avatar.gif";

Change to:
Code:
return $base_url . "includes/img-no-avatar.gif";

Then just move the admin/images/img-no-avatar.gif file to the includes folder. It should work as I believe that is the only thing that is causing that.

@ArrowSuites

Is see this all the time in logs

Code:
mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot for /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper, referer: /arrowchat/public/mobile/
Premature end of script headers: receive_history.php, referer: /arrowchat/public/mobile/

@ArrowSuites

Is see this all the time in logs

Code:
mod_fcgid: can't apply process slot for /var/www/cgi-bin/cgi_wrapper/cgi_wrapper, referer: /arrowchat/public/mobile/
Premature end of script headers: receive_history.php, referer: /arrowchat/public/mobile/
This warning tells you that the FastCGI process pool is exhausted, and it has a global limit of FcgidMaxProcesses and a per-script limit of FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass (see http://httpd.apache.org/mod_fcgid/mod/mod_fcgid.html#fcgidmaxprocesses).

Top Bottom