Areas where XenForo fails

I'm still waiting for the CMS, albums and calendar functions.
Not to downplay your suggestions, but you may be waiting for a while. The calendar may be something added in the near future in association with the forum. The albums I am not sure how much this is desired amongst us all and the CMS I am sure is not something the dev team would work on until a major release like 2.0.

Just seems like a lot to manage between two developer with a forum AND CMS. I, personally, would rather have them work on a way to integrate XenForo seamlessly with current CMS platforms like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
About that, I don't Wish a Calendar, but yes, an Event system. :)
Why is there a Calendar?! If forum gots an event system we can do things, make it more social, and it's just like an calendar. I don't like the others because they make not a big sense about that miss.

When this all cames out, Xenforo may be more social, and can compete with others at 100%, at now it really needs more things, to be more flexible. :)

About that, I don't Wish a Calendar, but yes, an Event system. :)
Why is there a Calendar?! If forum gots an event system we can do things, make it more social, and it's just like an calendar. I don't like the others because they make not a big sense about that miss.

When this all cames out, Xenforo may be more social, and can compete with others at 100%, at now it really needs more things, to be more flexible. :)

I know Jaxel has an addon that does the event functionality for you.

I know Jaxel has an addon that does the event functionality for you.
Yup, sadly with issues in that hour timezones that are complicated in our forum where are 2 massive users from to places and in events like there are alot of young people they can't count how much or how less hours is they timezone. It should update like Xenforo hour updates when User Chooses his timezone on register.

An then the AM, PM hours, that doesn't exist here, and It looks can't change it for our normal 24h. :X

Then is the MAP, we do events for an Virtual Word, Google Map err... won't have that kind of maps! And now? xD

Hovering your mouse over a topic should include a thumbnail of the first image in the post. not just showing an ugly

A other important area for avarage joe users where xf fails is IMO the navbar.
It shouldn't be necessary to edit a template or deal with an event listener to customize the navigation (add new tabs, change tab order, remove tabs)

A other important area for avarage joe users where xf fails is IMO the navbar.
It shouldn't be necessary to edit a template or deal with an event listener to customize the navigation (add new tabs, change tab order, remove tabs)

I'm agree with you. Personally i think that in the customization the major limits in Xenforo are in the sidebar ("everywhere sidebar" feature and choice of modules forum-based) and in the navbar.

1. Lack of any log of post edits.
2. Unless it has been fixed, lack of any comprehensive controls to stop unconfirmed users modifying their profiles and using it to post spam or links (there was another post I made, where I created a test account on my XF forum and despite being unconfirmed as able to post URLS in several profile places which showed on the member profile and latest activity feed).
3. Lack of "edited by..." suffix on posts, that saves SO much hassle having to PM members (or answer irate PMs) 'have you edited my post??' because you just fill in why it was edited.

1. Lack of any log of post edits.
This is perfect for a small addon. Everytime you click on "Save Post" when editing a post, the postid, time, userid-who-saved and messagetext are stored in the postedit table. Very easy to do.

As it is most likely build in soon, creating a paid addon for this is not very profitable.

My Biggest Gripes:
1. Global RSS -- Agreed, I'm surprised that it isn't there either.
2. Sitemap -- Agreed, with the emphasis on SEO it'd be nice if there were stock tools as well for items such as creating a sitemap to submit to the SEs.
3. Sub-forum -- Disagree on that one. It took me a bit to get used to it but now that I am I prefer the clean look of the current design instead of the sub-listing like vB did.
4. Thread Search -- Agreed, this is my #1 gripe with XF.

2. Sitemap -- Agreed, with the emphasis on SEO it'd be nice if there were stock tools as well for items such as creating a sitemap to submit to the SEs.
3. Sub-forum -- Disagree on that one. It took me a bit to get used to it but now that I am I prefer the clean look of the current design instead of the sub-listing like vB did.

Any of these coming in version 1.1?

I hope when they finally create a CMS so we can have articles, that "teaser" content is allowed, like how the Wordpress "more" tag works.

Any of these coming in version 1.1?
You quoted an old thread. ;)

1) Click on the RSS icon at the bottom-right of the page.
2) Nothing announced so far.
3) Nothing to change.
4) Start typing in the Search box in the upper-right of the page and you'll see that the options presented are now dynamic based upon what screen you are on.

I have noticed there is a lack of options in the Members List to arrange your users by different method. Like "Date Joined, Last Visited, Post Count (Low or High)" e.t.c. Plus one or two other ways of arranging members there which can prove useful at times, especially "Last Visited". I know some info gets displayed in the small image blocks located in the side panel, but it's very limited and you can't arrange the "whole" members list with it to cover everyone.

Marking forums as read fast by being able to click any of the "Forum Status Icons" on the homepage itself. I find that feature in MyBB very good, it's a very fast way to mark any forum read directly from viewing the forum homepage itself.

For me, it seriously needs an inbuilt sitemap generator and I think lot of people will happily make a shift. The existing sitemap generator (add-on) isn't impressive.

I think Kier and Mike might half be expecting this one coming from me sooner or later, but anyway here goes. :confused:

After using the PAGES feature before for a while, I have to say putting the MENU on the left-side (inside page content) is not a good idea. Generally speaking it interferers too much with things and leads to unnecessary complications working around it when creating your page content design. For me the "MENU LINKS" should be placed outside the page content area, maybe displayed below the navigation area as structured drop-down menu box links (much like how WordPress do it with pages you create in that).

Link: http://wp3-2.wpbeginner.com/

Snap1.webp

At least then you can work much better with your page design without having to worry, or keep working around the "Page Menu" itself as it grows larger over time with links added if it's located outside the content area not effecting things.

@mrGTB: I don't think that's a problem. Because when you are browsing menu, you're looking at the menu, not the page contents :)

Top Bottom