Areas that xenForo is lacking in

yoghurtfarmer

So with all the wonderful features and innovation this software brings, what are some features that you find missing/lacking?

Let's keep this discussion related to the core forum product, so no CMS/Gallery/Blogs or features that are more suitable to add-ons such as chat.

My list:

1. XML Sitemap of threads for use in Google Webmaster Tools
2. Search within thread
3. More detailed forum statistics/analytics

Though I'm aware that this thread will be more suitable after the Beta release but it doesn't hurt to begin discussions anyway.

Funny you guys say that nobody cares about it and everybody likes how it works now, because if you go to the original thread where it was introduced, almost everybody (Kier included!) felt that it had shortcomings. And no, I did not pull that almost everybody "number" out of the sky. That one is fact ;)

My how the times have changed.

shyguy, you will soon learn not to claim that XF falls short of anything anywhere in the XF forums, because you will get swarmed quickly...Happened to me many times here. If you want to talk to level-headed people, venture into other forums. There are lots of admin forums where people talk open and honest about XF without being blinded by the light. This forum is not welcoming to criticism.
You keep saying this, but I don't see anywhere here where you've been "swarmed", not has shyguy. Anyone and everyone is welcome to an opinion here. Even you. :)
SO not everyone agrees with you. Big deal! Not everyone agrees with me, or with Doc, or with Kier, or with just about anyone. It's one of the things that makes the world go 'round Ryan. This forum is more than open to constructive criticism. There will always be both agreement and disagreement. If you're not used to that by now, I don't know what to tell you.

You keep saying this, but I don't see anywhere here where you've been "swarmed", not has shyguy. Anyone and everyone is welcome to an opinion here. Even you. :)
SO not everyone agrees with you. Big deal! Not everyone agrees with me, or with Doc, or with Kier, or with just about anyone. It's one of the things that makes the world go 'round Ryan. This forum is more than open to constructive criticism. There will always be both agreement and disagreement. If you're not used to that by now, I don't know what to tell you.

There's not alot you can say peggy, or even advise. Some people will have this negativity engrained into every fibre of their body and nothing anyone will say will persuade them from the mindset they adopted when they visited here.

Collaborating, brainstorming, debating is how the vast majority of progress has been made here. Some people will be in the thinking if they don't agree and you are arguing your debate they'll most probably see it as being bullied, swarmed upon, whatever wording they can muster up from their imagination. Continue the path we all have been going down and progress will be made an the rewards will roll in. People will always try to sidetrack that.

Darn, I really didn't want to stir up all this controversy. My apologies if I did. I thought I would bring in a constructive criticism. But nevertheless, I really DO like what I see in XF but like I said before, I will revisit it in about 6 months when it matures or when new plugins become available :)

Top Bottom