• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Are there built in 'ad locations"?

Shamil

I am not sure if this has been implemented as of yet, but if I recall correctly, either it will be implemented, or will be very easy to do via the template system.

RickM

I personally dont see the need. If you are going to open up a template to stick an advert in, it may as well be the actual template - would save an advert template being included into a main template, and reduce load.

(note: I'm basing this on an assumption of a similar storage/handling system as vb)

James

If they're not included, a simple str_replace() on a plugin will suffice!

I can imagine advertisement integration is something included in XF though.

Nick

I personally dont see the need. If you are going to open up a template to stick an advert in, it may as well be the actual template - would save an advert template being included into a main template, and reduce load.

(note: I'm basing this on an assumption of a similar storage/handling system as vb)
I disagree, because as I'm sure you know, it makes upgrading templates a hassle. At least that was the case with vBulletin.

gordy

Hacking the templates are too ephemeral, definitely something persisting through template updates... similar to WordPress widgets would rock.