Approving registrations

rbecking

I have have user registrations set to manual so i have to approve them, this seems to work in that I get a lot each day I have to approve but I'm also noticing users are sneaking through that I am not approving and not being asked for approval?

Sneaking how? Are they able to post without being approved? Check the guest permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed

The guest permissions apply to unapproved users.

They haven't posted but I think they could if they wanted. eg today in my list of users waiting approval there was 12 from last few days, i rejected them all as all were spam. But if I look in main forum under Members and Newest Members it shows 2 new users joined yesterday. I didn't approve them but when I look in user managment they are approved.

They haven't posted but I think they could if they wanted. eg today in my list of users waiting approval there was 12 from last few days, i rejected them all as all were spam. But if I look in main forum under Members and Newest Members it shows 2 new users joined yesterday. I didn't approve them but when I look in user managment they are approved.

My guess would be a third party addon involving user registration. Are you using an external registration system by chance?

There is no exploit in the default software that allows end users to avoid the approval process if you have it enabled.

Not using any external registration. There is definitly a leak, again I have 13 users waiting for approval from last couple of days but I can there is a spam user successfully registered and approved 23 minutes ago.

Top Bottom