1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Approve users as moderator

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by captainanna, Jun 14, 2012.

1. captainanna

captainanna Member

Hello, I am trying to allow moderators to approve new users but I cant seem to find it anywhere in the permissions, any help would be appriciated :)
  2. captainanna

captainanna Member

Ok, I have now found that I can set them as an administrator with very little permission but they would be able to set other users ranks like this which I dont want, how could I fix this?
  3. Will

Will Active Member

There is no permission to allow moderators to do this. They need to be set as an Administrator in order to manually approve new users.

Edit: Seems like you figured it out. :)
  4. captainanna

captainanna Member

How could I stop them from sending emails when I give them that permission?
  5. Will

Will Active Member

What I would do is turn on debug mode and under development you can edit admin navigation. I would change the required permission to able to access the Email Users link. I don't know if that is the best way to do it but it is what I do.

If you need more instruction, let me know.
  6. captainanna

captainanna Member

Hey that worked thanks, apart from I cant remove the list all users and thus the assigning of ranks
  7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Jake Bunce likes this.