As designed  Approve Post Design Issue

JVCode

I know it's "As designed" but it doesn't make any sense.

Capture.webp

Shouldn't that read "Unapprove" ? the highlighted post is already visible, thus doesn't need approval.

Those buttons are just there because they are the most commonly-used controls - the inline moderation control bar is not actually context sensitive, so it does not respond to the selected items.

Case in point, what should the button say if you selected one approved and one unapproved post?

Those buttons are just there because they are the most commonly-used controls - the inline moderation control bar is not actually context sensitive, so it does not respond to the selected items.

Case in point, what should the button say if you selected one approved and one unapproved post?
K & M Think outside the box :o

If you have that situation and you click on approve, does it approve both posts, or will it unapprove the approved post?

Cool, I never had the situation to test it - good to know for certain. Helps avoid mod-mistakes. Thumbsup!

If you're a forum regulator and you're going around approving selected posts and unapproving others, it would be an idea to set a rule where if the selected post returns back as "Approved" then the button should read "Unapprove" and vice versa.

Actually it would make more sense to me if the button was to read "Unapprove" by default, as generally all forums which allow members to post are readily readable and don't need approval.

Top Bottom