1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed Approve Post Design Issue

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by JVCode, Jan 25, 2011.

1. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I know it's "As designed" but it doesn't make any sense.

Capture.PNG

Shouldn't that read "Unapprove" ? the highlighted post is already visible, thus doesn't need approval.

2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Those buttons are just there because they are the most commonly-used controls - the inline moderation control bar is not actually context sensitive, so it does not respond to the selected items.

Case in point, what should the button say if you selected one approved and one unapproved post?

3. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

K & M Think outside the box :eek:

4. Floris

Floris Guest

If you have that situation and you click on approve, does it approve both posts, or will it unapprove the approved post?

5. Floris

Floris Guest

Thankfully! Otherwise we all wouldn't have a great vBulletin 3.6 or an even awesomer xenforo 1.0

a legacy reborn likes this.
  6. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Both posts are approved.

Floris likes this.
  7. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

The approve button always approves the selected content. Delete always deletes.

8. Floris

Floris Guest

Cool, I never had the situation to test it - good to know for certain. Helps avoid mod-mistakes. Thumbsup!

9. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

If you're a forum regulator and you're going around approving selected posts and unapproving others, it would be an idea to set a rule where if the selected post returns back as "Approved" then the button should read "Unapprove" and vice versa.

10. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

So Wait...Posting a Thread is public? lol :p

11. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Actually it would make more sense to me if the button was to read "Unapprove" by default, as generally all forums which allow members to post are readily readable and don't need approval.