Fixed Approve Images and Videos

Ok, so after giving this some thought, I've decided to add a separate permission for media only.

Reason being that I appreciate that in some contexts the media that can be added to a gallery can be potentially more risque than written content, and more care might need to be taken over this content. Further, we did actually have a separate permission in XFMG1, so it seems reasonable to bring it back.

Finally, the permission itself can be revoked on a per category basis, therefore making it so that certain categories must have their media moderated whereas other categories can be freely posted in (and vice versa).

Ok, so after giving this some thought, I've decided to add a separate permission for media only.

Reason being that I appreciate that in some contexts the media that can be added to a gallery can be potentially more risque than written content, and more care might need to be taken over this content. Further, we did actually have a separate permission in XFMG1, so it seems reasonable to bring it back.

Finally, the permission itself can be revoked on a per category basis, therefore making it so that certain categories must have their media moderated whereas other categories can be freely posted in (and vice versa).
So was this an issue in XF2 before this implementation Chris?
Only asking as I am keeping an eye on all features and fixes before moving etc.

Hi Chris,

I have been trying to locate this permission in the latest version of XenForo Media gallery (2.0.3), but I cannot seem to find it. I have checked in both the user group permissions as well as the category permissions. I'm not sure if I'm missing an area, but I did notice in the release notes for 2.0.2 it does mention its inclusion.

oman

Edit: Support question reference - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/approve-photo-by-a-mod.146196/

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately the commit for this got wiped out of our VCS system due to a minor mishap a release or two ago. It is 100% implemented, committed and pushed now so it will 100% be in the next release.

Top Bottom