Lack of interest approval_item_user needs to include the user's time zone...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You might need to expand on the reasoning for that, slightly.

Why is the time zone significant? Would that be because of the location? I’d have thought that the IP address location is more significant and reliable.

Time zone helps, especially when spammers are using foreign proxies ... IP address will be a US-based proxy server but the time zone is localised to where the spammer is, giving them away as being in the Far East (for example).

Would be very handy to have it in the approval queue - and presumably it is collected / easy to expose - without too much extra coding?

Almost every spammer on my forum comes from Asia/Tashkent, Asia/Bangkok, Asia/Karachi and Asia/Kolkata. To the point where I have trained my moderators to just straight up reject all registrations from those Time zones.

Almost every spammer on my forum comes from Asia/Tashkent, Asia/Bangkok, Asia/Karachi and Asia/Kolkata. To the point where I have trained my moderators to just straight up reject all registrations from those Time zones.

I'm surprised that your spammers take the time to set their timezone correctly. Unless it's automatically set in xf2?

Top Bottom