Apple4me.net - An Apple discussion forum

TPerry

OK... just brought my Apple site online now. It's targeted at the discussion of all things Apple related (I know - I know, there are already a ton of 'em out there). It still is a work in progress, so be gentle. :p
I've had it set up for a while - but haven't been putting as much time into it as the other forum and finally decided to kick it available for public consumption (originally it was my first forum before I moved to a new domain related to donorcycles - motorcycles for those who aren't familiar with the sometimes truthful name).

http://apple4me.net

Looks good! I was a big Mac user but I left when the PPC did. No point in paying an extra grand for the same intel processor.

Looks good! I was a big Mac user but I left when the PPC did. No point in paying an extra grand for the same intel processor.
Thanks... like I said, it's a work in progress but since I've gotten the other about where I want it, time to start the next one.
I've been a big Linux fan for a long time - and that's what I'm liking about OS/X. I've got a Mac Mini that I've grown to like, and the price wasn't that outrageous on it considering the hardware involved (2.3GHZ Intel I7 with 16GB ram and a 1TB drive). Basically a nice laptop with a BIG monitor and trackpad. :p

Just my 2 cents:
1. Apple is more familiar with white themes, so I guess the colors on your website don't match the company.
2. Logo needs improvement
3. I would add www. at the beginning of the URL of your website
4. I guess the media pics are just for testing?
5. I think that you've opened to many sections on your website, and it would be better to start small and open more sections in the future. For example, you can combine all the OSX sections together and allow people to choose different tags for every OSX (Lion/ML/etc).

That's it pretty much. Good luck!

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents:
1. Apple is more familiar white white themes, so I guess the colors on your website don't match the company.
2. Logo needs improvement
3. I would add www. at the beginning of the URL of your website
4. I guess the media pics are just for testing?
5. I think that you've opened to many sections on your website, and it would be better to start small and open more sections in the future. For example, you can combine all the OSX sections together and allow people to choose different tags for every OSX (Lion/ML/etc).

That's it pretty much. Good luck!

The color scheme is going to have a DRASTIC changeover once I get some time (pretty much just a plain white/black with a smattering of color)
The logo was a quicky... I had a much better one for the apple4me.net but haven't really had time to do much on this one yet.
I HATE sites that have www. in front of them, and is why they get stripped by nginx :p
The media pics are wallpapers for assorted Apple products.
I'd looked at prefixes... and most folks don't know how to use them. Once 1.2 comes out and if you can mandate use of them then I can see that, but I know that I hate scrolling through a general topic looking at prefixes for something that interests me. I've been looking at using them in the Mac OS/X for use for the different versions of the OS, but again, until I can get the site to force a choice I don't see a clean way of doing it and being able to pick out your topics of interest.

Thanks for your feedback!

Nice but the thread titles should be darker for my eyes.

You must have looked at it before the gray's got blown away. It's a basic white background now and just getting rid of the rest of the dark stuff. Then I move over to my server at the house and start blowing it up really good. :ROFLMAO:

I'm starting to see double... maybe I should just make everything white for a while. :p
Dark styles are much easier to do!

Google inspired design on an Apple discussion site... That's wrong on so many levels.

You might possibly be going to hell for such a decision.

Hey... it's a "discussion" board - that's sure to get a discussion started.... :ROFLMAO:
Trying to draw those poor misguided miscreants to the path of the light. <all said in jest - I own numerous Apple & Android devices and as soon as Verizon releases the HTC ONE I will probably be getting it).

Joined. Liking the clean design. Only thing I don't think looks right is the logo because it looks like a Google service.

Joined. Liking the clean design. Only thing I don't think looks right is the logo because it looks like a Google service.
Thanks... I really like the style also. It's clean and not cluttered.

logo.webp
You didn't get the "subtle" dig?:LOL:

JustSayApple.webp

A logo designer would do a better job but here is a quick mockup. I really love your idea for a forum but your current logo is a turn off for me.

View attachment 49533

A logo designer would do a better job but here is a quick mockup. I really love your idea for a forum but your current logo is a turn off for me.

Yeah, I wish I was more "graphically" talented. My wife is a whiz with oils, chalk, pencil - but she's not worth a dang with a computer. She uses them at work and refuses to do anything on one at home.
One day I'll break down and do that "design me a logo" site that you can place a bid on. I actually changed the text logo up to something a little more subdued.
logo.webp

I was looking at the favicon as shown in a firefox tab and the simplicity of that apple plus the text was nice.

Apple keeps things really clean with a lot of white space.

Top Bottom