Apple4me.net - An Apple discussion forum

I was looking at the favicon as shown in a firefox tab and the simplicity of that apple plus the text was nice.

Apple keeps things really clean with a lot of white space.

Thanks... I had to play around a lot to find a favicon that I liked. This was a quickie that I did (grabbed an image then added some text to it) but it's still a "little" heavy.
logo.webp

Last edited:
Good choice of theme @Tracy Perry :thumbsup:

Some suggestions...

1. Unique Node Icon per forum (ipod icon) for the ipod area, Ipad Icon for the ipad area etc which would add some colour to the style (there's a lot of white)
  2. Logo - I'm not too find of the clipart image. I think something of higher quality (even if it's just text based) would set this off nicely but the clip-artish image doesn't suit imo.

That's about it on the suggestions front. But I would encourage you to give the node icon suggestion I made a try and see how you feel. I honestly think it would bring out the style alot and give it much improvement. Nice job. :)

Good choice of theme @Tracy Perry (y)

Some suggestions...

1. Unique Node Icon per forum (ipod icon) for the ipod area, Ipad Icon for the ipad area etc which would add some colour to the style (there's a lot of white)
  2. Logo - I'm not too find of the clipart image. I think something of higher quality (even if it's just text based) would set this off nicely but the clip-artish image doesn't suit imo.

That's about it on the suggestions front. But I would encourage you to give the node icon suggestion I made a try and see how you feel. I honestly think it would bring out the style alot and give it much improvement. Nice job. :)
Thanks!
Yep... was going to work on it - I had already changed the default from the Google Mail envelope to the Mac look. I've got to find some quality icons to use for the others.
You know how I am with graphics. I SUCK!. I've just about decided that I'm just going to either have plain text or nothing. I'm already spending WAY to much on the hobby to go out and pay a couple of hundred dollars for a spiffy logo.
Right now I'm battling with Chris's notifications. They WERE working, upgraded to 1.6.2 and they stopped. Removed 1.6.2 and reinstalled 1.6.1 and now they won't display the custom CSS's that are defined. ARGHHH!

Thanks!
Yep... was going to work on it - I had already changed the default from the Google Mail envelope to the Mac look. I've got to find some quality icons to use for the others.
You know how I am with graphics. I SUCK!. I've just about decided that I'm just going to either have plain text or nothing. I'm already spending WAY to much on the hobby to go out and pay a couple of hundred dollars for a spiffy logo.
Right now I'm battling with Chris's notifications. They WERE working, upgraded to 1.6.2 and they stopped. Removed 1.6.2 and reinstalled 1.6.1 and now they won't display the custom CSS's that are defined. ARGHHH!

With regards to node icons some of these might help. http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Apple-Icon-Superpack-141820242

Yeah, those are looking much better. :) Slap them on. :D :LOL:
As soon as I can beat the Notifications stuff into submission. I have Chris's gallery installed and on 1.6.1 it was using the Page:xengallery to only display an upload warning in the gallery. Now it's not working at all.:cautious:

They seem to work for me when I viewed your site. You have the christmassy notification showing right? for guests?

They seem to work for me when I viewed your site. You have the christmassy notification showing right? for guests?
Twas but a test.. on the months before Christmas!

Also, the suggestion about the node icons you made have been pretty much implemented, and I scrounged another logo together. It's not great, but I guess I'll head over to DigitalPoint and see if I can get a logo done in their logo contest area. Have to figure out how much to offer tho'. :D
I already know what I'm gonna be forking out to the electrician for the new breaker panels and electrical runs - hope he enjoys his vacation he'll be able to take. :cry:

Twas but a test.. on the months before Christmas!

Also, the suggestion about the node icons you made have been pretty much implemented, and I scrounged another logo together. It's not great, but I guess I'll head over to DigitalPoint and see if I can get a logo done in their logo contest area. Have to figure out how much to offer tho'. :D
I already know what I'm gonna be forking out to the electrician for the new breaker panels and electrical runs - hope he enjoys his vacation he'll be able to take. :cry:

Nice. The node icons are looking much better. :thumbsup:

There's something going on with your breadcrumbs though and the visitorpanel is being cropped. I'll post a screenshot in a sec.

Issue with the .visitorPanel & breadcrumbs

View attachment 50366
It's probably the adsense ad. I recently went from using an add-on to doing it actually in a template and am still trying to tweak it. Heck, in Safari it doesn't even show up. :p
Also, is that from the recent... as the logo is different than what is showing on your image. Has been since 6am Central Time.

It's probably the adsense ad. I recently went from using an add-on to doing it actually in a template and am still trying to tweak it. Heck, in Safari it doesn't even show up. :p
Also, is that from the recent... as the logo is different than what is showing on your image. Has been since 6am Central Time.

It's probably because you may have extended the height of the logo.

Oh wait a sec did a hard refresh. Yeah I'm seeing another logo. the css will need adjusting again to the following. :D

Code:
#headerMover #headerProxy {
height: 140px;
}

It's probably because you may have extended the height of the logo.

Oh wait a sec did a hard refresh. Yeah I'm seeing another logo. the css will need adjusting again to the following. :D

Code:
#headerMover #headerProxy {
height: 140px;
}
:p
That was what was throwing me off as this one was WAY smaller than the other one.
Same thing just bit me on the adsense in Safari on the Mac... I had to flush all cache to get it to show up.
Thanks!

Top Bottom