1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple to expand cellphone carriers in U.S.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peggy, May 14, 2011.

1. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Forbes reports on a new research note from Jeffries & Co. analyst Peter Misek claiming that Apple's next-generation iPhone will be a relatively minor revamp known as the "iPhone 4S" and will debut in September. Misek also claims that Apple will be expanding carrier availability in the U.S. to include Sprint and T-Mobile by the end of the year, with China Mobile also reportedly coming on board.

Read more at MacRumors.com

The rumors are spreading wildly. So I googled iPhone for Sprint, and yeah.

2. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

Hopefully this will bring the data price down in packages... I've kept myself from getting an iPhone because $25 for 2GB is a horrible, horrible offer. I probably eat up 2GB in just browsing in a few hours, someone give me an unlimited plan and I might burn some money on another evil product.

3. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

The chances of data prices going down are nil.

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Going down might be nil, but Sprint's date prices are a helluva lot better than AT&T's.

5. Akrion

Akrion Well-Known Member

yep. nil

6. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

So much for good ol' market competition. :(

Regardless, I'm bent on getting off AT&T. I hate them with a passion.

7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I do too. The only reason I'm still with them is I love my iPhone. So if Sprint gets an iPhone, I am gone.

8. Forsaken

I'm probably moving to Sprint next summer when my contract is up, or else I'll buy out my contract.

9. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

Anyone here heard that AT&T is buying Sprint?

Oops, guess that's T-mobile, sorry!

10. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

I am still using the iPhone 3G and won't update till the iPhone 5 even though my upgrade has been due since April. What is awesome is that I am grandfathered into AT&T's unlimited data for $30 a month.

11. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You did that just to get one of these - [​IMG]

and I am all-too-happy to oblige. :)

12. grant sarver

grant sarver Well-Known Member

I'll give you twenty minutes to stop that!

13. pk698

pk698 Active Member

<------------- is a fandroid

Darkimmortal, steven s and Forsaken like this.
  14. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Yea I am also lucky enough to get the unlimited plan still. No way I could use the current ones without paying double each month.

Do yourself a favor and ask around your local area about how the Sprint service is. I had Sprint once for 3 days, never had so many dropped calls and service problems. At that time I was using a Blackberry. Needless to say I am still fighting with Sprint because they are trying to charge me for a full service plan for a month even though they took the phones back and had a 14 day return policy.

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I was with Sprint for almost 2 years and never had any issues with them at all. No dropped calls, nothing. The only reason I moved to AT&T was for the iPhone.

16. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

The best coverage is through Verizon.

17. Forsaken

So are the highest prices, and worst data plans ;).

Peggy and Steve F like this.