Apple products and pricing

I found a new coffee. It smells like coffee, it tastes like coffee, but it is not just a normal coffee. It is apple coffee. It has slim cup design and slick surface, to make u feel special every morning.

apple-logo-foam-150x150.webp

Price: only 49$

I found a new coffee. It smells like coffee, it tastes like coffee, but it is not just a normal coffee. It is apple coffee. It has slim cup design and slick surface, to make u feel special every morning.

View attachment 18162
Price: only 49$
But then you get down the price of the additional sugar, creamer, and stirring spoon... Thats at least another $300.

Wow, go anti-apple fanboys. This dude is obviously trolling, he has probably never had a mac and is just mad that everyone enjoys theirs and he can't.

Grow up please? I just sold my MBP and it's one of the highest quality computer products I've ever owned, and since I'm 15 years old I've been building complete desktop PCs for myself. Seriously, there is no need for you tell us what it is or it's not, we know, and if we buy them it's cause we like them, we don't need you to tell us if they're overpriced or not, we can figure that ourselves, we have the cheap options available too.

Also having anything Apple doesn't give me any status of any sort, it just gives me the tranquility to enjoy my software/hardware as I want (factory default, yes, I like it that way, I WANT it that way) with the available options it has, otherwise I'd buy something else.

You're trolling dude, sorry.

Wow, go anti-apple fanboys. This dude is obviously trolling, he has probably never had a mac and is just mad that everyone enjoys theirs and he can't. Grow up please? I just sold my MBP and it's one of the highest quality computer products I've owned, and since I'm 15 years old I'm building complete desktop PCs for myself. Grow a pair bro, if you don't like it move on, you don't need to tell us what it is or it's not, we know, and if we buy them it's cause we like them, we don't need you to tell us if they're overpriced or not, we can figure that ourselves, we have the cheap options available, having anything Apple doesn't give me any status of any sort, it just gives me the tranquility to enjoy my software/hardware as I want (factory default) with the available options it has, otherwise I'd buy something else.

You're trolling dude, sorry.
And now so are you.

I've always had HP pc's and laptops, with the exception of one Dell pc. My first pc was an Acer Aspire 486. I used it for a year or so then handed it down to my daughter when I purchased an HP pc. Had that baby for almost 8 years, handed it down to my little boy when he turned 4, and purchased another HP pc, and a Dell laptop. After 4 yrs handed that HP pc down to my son, and it's still running very well. The Dell laptop petered out on me, so I replaced it with an HP laptop which I've had for just over a year. They've all done me proud.

However, my iPad is my take-along, and goes with me everywhere. It stores all of my contacts, notes, appointments, writings, etc, and is easy to whip open and jot something down on the spur of the moment, as well as have a video chat when I need to. It's my baby. :D

I've been building my own PCs since the 486DX.

Never had any of the usual problems reported in this thread and I have only upgraded to get more performance, not due to any failure.

Whilst I like the UI on the Apple products, I find the lack of functionality (Flash, etc.) and hardware (USB ports) too restricting to make them a viable option.

It's an apple thing paul. The Apple emblem must have supernatural side effects that causes apple fans to think they had problems with their pcs in the past. :LOL:

Heck, I remember when i had my iphone 3/4 and a cloud of hatred formed upon me and I couldn't look or say anything nice against my 6 year old pc that was riddled with issues and bsod on me 10 times a day. *drops iphone*

It's an apple thing paul. The Apple emblem must have supernatural side effects that causes apple fans to think they had problems with their pcs in the past. :LOL:

Heck, I remember when i had my iphone 3/4 and a cloud of hatred formed upon me and I couldn't look or say anything nice against my 6 year old pc that was riddled with issues and bsod on me 10 times a day. *drops iphone*

I had something similar, when I was in the phone store the guy handed me an iphone, all other technology in the room turned greyscale apart from products with an apple logo on them. I now carry a box of apple stickers with me for safety...

I had something similar, when I was in the phone store the guy handed me an iphone, all other technology in the room turned greyscale apart from products with an apple logo on them. I now carry a box of apple stickers with me for safety...

:LOL: (y)

Again, parts are all the same, all Apple does is pick out parts that have no issues together and adds a premium to them, no more and no less.
Are you saying parts that Apple use, or are you saying, one hard drive is the same as another?

I do not dismiss the parts are the same, what I dismiss is that performance from a person "thinking" they know what they're doing in putting specific parts together versus an engineered system that uses specific parts that have been test benched together to provide a near unrestricted performance level, are vastly different. Anyone with electrical qualifications will know, which I have and also accept, EVERY computer will have some I/O points to some degree... there is nothing you can do about that. You can however significantly increase or decrease these points through an engineered system.

Whilst some say that Apple and PC's are similar, you actually can't be further from the truth. One engineering point that Apple and others discovered long ago, is to remove cabling as much as possible, hence why we now have slim, ultra thin systems because they have designed parts and boards specifically to build an entire system with little to no cabling.

Add a cable, you add a serious I/O point immediately to that parts performance, as cables have vastly different and unique properties for use compared to direct integration into a PC board itself.

Is Mac Pro expensive? Yes. Those systems I think you are paying a premium upon not because they're Mac, but because they aren't huge sellers compared to iMac's, which are Apples premium sale computer line, which I what I am talking about.

Whilst I like the UI on the Apple products, I find the lack of functionality (Flash, etc.) and hardware (USB ports) too restricting to make them a viable option.

I don't experience that on the iMac. That may be a Mac Pro thing, which I agree are over the top... iMac however, being Apples primary computer line, I have 6 x USB ports, plus other ports for different data / connection types.

I was more specifically referring to the iPhone and iPad.
yeah to be honest at this point in time...if jailbreaking your phone was ruled to be illegal by the courts I would not use my iphone at all anymore and would have already bought the droid I am looking at atm. I really love the device and now that I can use it without itunes at all I have no problem keeping it even after I replace it with a new phone and use as my mobile modem for on the go broadband as well as a digital music binder. The not being able to support flash thing does happen to tick me off more every day though.

Are you saying parts that Apple use, or are you saying, one hard drive is the same as another?

I do not dismiss the parts are the same, what I dismiss is that performance from a person "thinking" they know what they're doing in putting specific parts together versus an engineered system that uses specific parts that have been test benched together to provide a near unrestricted performance level, are vastly different. Anyone with electrical qualifications will know, which I have and also accept, EVERY computer will have some I/O points to some degree... there is nothing you can do about that. You can however significantly increase or decrease these points through an engineered system.

Whilst some say that Apple and PC's are similar, you actually can't be further from the truth. One engineering point that Apple and others discovered long ago, is to remove cabling as much as possible, hence why we now have slim, ultra thin systems because they have designed parts and boards specifically to build an entire system with little to no cabling.

Add a cable, you add a serious I/O point immediately to that parts performance, as cables have vastly different and unique properties for use compared to direct integration into a PC board itself.

Is Mac Pro expensive? Yes. Those systems I think you are paying a premium upon not because they're Mac, but because they aren't huge sellers compared to iMac's, which are Apples premium sale computer line, which I what I am talking about.

I don't experience that on the iMac. That may be a Mac Pro thing, which I agree are over the top... iMac however, being Apples primary computer line, I have 6 x USB ports, plus other ports for different data / connection types.

First off, there is nothing special about the parts in Apples. They are chosen to maximize profit.

Thin computers have shorter cables because there is no reason to have extra space. Desktops have extra space for more hard drives, DVD drives, SSDs... Show us one product that would be limited by a SATA cable. Oh wait, Apple uses them too...

They are digital signals.

So if the cable bandwidth is sufficient, then having a thicker/more expensive cable will make not one iota of difference.

Regarding interoperability, bench-testing, etc., components are designed to a standard for a reason.
I have no doubt my home made PC with random bits supplied by whichever manufacturer took my fancy at the time will beat any Apple several times the price it cost me to put it together.

Apple really is a lifestyle choice and for those who choose to purchase them, so be it. Who am I to question their choice.
It's no different to buying an expensive watch which does exactly the same job as a cheaper, well made watch.

But to claim that Apple products are better, more robust or perform better than PCs, either off the shelf or custom built, is just inaccurate.

My upgrade from Snow Leopard to Lion took 10 minutes and cost $25. I did it over the internet and didn't have to upgrade any hardware and all previously installed software works. Its never locked up on me once, never rebooted for no reason and I've never seen a blue screen of death.

Right, and Snow Leopard to Lion is the equvilant of Vista to Windows 7 in terms of changes then, yeah?

Didn't think so. Although I applaud Apple for the cheapness of the upgrade cost, I can only assume even Steve has off days. ;)

Oddly enough, I've had XP machines that I've stuck W7 onto and its been faster and more responsive, so that sort of pees all over your 'upgrade hardware' comment. Most of the time though the majority of reasons new hardware is used at the same time as a re-install is because its a good opportunity to do so, not because its necessarily required.

I have not to date found a shop outside of Apple that will have a computer repaired same day... not here in Australia anyway. They're all too busy and state, days, then once you've handed it over, ringing daily asking where it is, they get to it.
Nothing to do with the much smaller hardware parts bin and commonality between mac hardware then? I know if I went into most PC shops asking for a replacement motherboard, I'd struggle to find one with one in stock. Yes, it is one of the downsides of PC ownership, but then a plus side - you have far much more choice in what hardware you can use.

What is this I am hearing about proprietary firmware on some newer apple computer hdd's....and non functionality of the computer without those firmware containing hdd's.

Is there any truth to this...and if so can someone who follows apple explain it to me. As I understand it , if I buy a brand new mac the sata interface is proprietary and I can only hdd's from apple.

Top Bottom