Apple Fall Event - iPhone 8, iPhone 7S and Watch 3

Anyone got one then? :)

I got my order in within about 10 mins of going live, which was as soon as the store started working for me, but even with that my delivery isn’t due for another week or so :(

Might just see if I can get one to reserve in store every morning this week.
Got mine in on release day @10:30am from the nice FedEx delivery driver. Weird thing was.... I prepped my old iPhone 7 by backing it up to do a full restore from. Get the new iPhone in, it prompts on how to set it up and I choose from backup... and then iTunes proceeds to tell me it can't because the OS does not match... oh, did I mention I had upgraded the iPhone 7 to 11.1?
You would have thought that Apple would have made sure that the OS's on the delivered phones and the ones in the wild would be at the same level for at least a few days after the new phone release instead of releasing an OS update. They released 11.1 and the new phone was at 11.0. :eek:

After getting mine set up I made the ever fatal (you'd think I'd have learned after 34 years of marriage) mistake of letting my wife play with it. Shortly later I was down at the Verizon store upgrading her 7S for the X.
At least with hers I knew what to expect and upgraded it to IOS 11.1 shortly after powering it up... THEN restored from backup.

You managed to get one same day from a Verizon store? I ordered my 7 Plus the day after pre orders started and it still took like 5 weeks after the release :eek:

You managed to get one same day from a Verizon store? I ordered my 7 Plus the day after pre orders started and it still took like 5 weeks after the release :eek:
Can’t speak for American specific stores but I didn’t preorder, just walked in and picked one up from an Apple store lol. I live in a fairly major city too so you would probably think they’d be out of stock.

At least with hers I knew what to expect and upgraded it to IOS 11.1 shortly after powering it up... THEN restored from backup.
I had to do something similar. My previous device was on a beta so had to upgrade to that and then set it up.

Fortunately though, iOS 11 has a pretty neat ability to detect the precense of a new iPhone. Once you’ve selected a language on the setup screen of your new phone, your old one will ask if you want to transfer your data across automagically. Made things easier. :)

Yep... went in about 6PM and they still had 3 64GB silver's left. Wife doesn't really care about color as we keep them in a case, and on her 128GB 7+ she had only used 13GB of storage in a year so I felt comfortable getting the 64GB for her.

Can’t speak for American specific stores but I didn’t preorder, just walked in and picked one up from an Apple store lol. I live in a fairly major city too so you would probably think they’d be out of stock.

I had called the apple store in Chicago to see if they had any and was going to cancel my preorder and buy one there if they did. They had a several week wait through them too oO

Yep... went in about 6PM and they still had 3 64GB silver's left. Wife doesn't really care about color as we keep them in a case, and on her 128GB 7+ she had only used 13GB of storage in a year so I felt comfortable getting the 64GB for her.

Ah I wanted the black one specifically so didn’t even check for the regular silver one

Ah I wanted the black one specifically so didn’t even check for the regular silver one
Yeah, I prefer the space black one myself (matches my watch) and since I lucked out and got into the preorder about 2 minutes after it opened with Verizon I was able to get mine on the 3rd. :cool:

I'm really liking mine, and the better half says she likes hers better than the Plus she had. She did say the new interface is taking a little getting used to, but that is somewhat due to her TBI.

Our Apple stores are out of stock, and Telstra who we ordered through are still a 2 - 3 week wait. Spoke with a guy in the Apple store today, they sold 5+ million day one, or some insane amount, hence stocks evaporated faster than they anticipated.

I wish I’d got the X, having seen one yesterday. Unfortunately, I’m now tied into the 8+ for the next 11 months :(

Liam

I wouldn't worry too much. The screen effective usable screen real estate is actually quite constricted due to the notch and also the adjusted UI due to not having the extra bezel and home button. They've had to pad out the keyboard to keep it ergonomic and add space for the home bar.

In many instances the Plus models are still more desirable if you want the biggest screen possible.

http://modelessdesign.com/backdrop/260

Or you could just wait a couple weeks and not pay an extra $800
You're looking at Australian prices there... they are the same as from Apple Australia.

It was cheaper to put them on a plan, saving us $600 per phone over the two years of the plan, as the plan itself costs the same as we're paying now having purchased our current phones outright.

Waiting for X+ in the next year, I guess it will come.

Who knows if there will be an X+, they skipped 7+, and released an 8 and 10 (X) in the same year while skipping 9. Next iPhone will be the X^2 :p (apparently there is no superscript bb code on XenForo :eek:)

Who knows if there will be an X+, they skipped 7+, and released an 8 and 10 (X) in the same year while skipping 9.
Their naming is confusing...
They did not skip 7+ there is one with that name.
Skipped 7S and 7S+ they call it now 8 and 8+.

Yeah skipped 7s is what I meant, I have the 7+. They also didn’t release an x+ so I doubt they’ll do that next year

Top Bottom