Appeal For Warnings

bcercan

I saw that feature on IPB, I think its good for forum members who thought they got wrong warning. It's better than contacting an admin via conversation for appeal.

Warnings tabs on member profile:
lYBde7p.png

After you clicked the Appeal button near the warning which you want to appeal:
qIpVpUB.png

Last edited:
Upvote 10
This might be am excellent suggestion. Many big sites have such a hard time keeping up with all the appeals.

I know I lost certainly don't like not having something for it.

And who see's the appeal? Is this something that gets tossed into the reports area?

If this is implemented, it has to have an option to be turned off.

Whilst I can see some attraction, really dont want on my board. we trust our mods and what appeals are made are very rarely successful, we dont need something to encourage frivolous time wasters

And who see's the appeal? Is this something that gets tossed into the reports area?

If this is implemented, it has to have an option to be turned off.
This sort of functionality needs to be group permission-based and likely have some global options to control bits.

I think it's abusable as current report system. So I can not see any trouble implementing of this feature. :)

I'm an admin on a VERY large site with over 17,000 active members and we're in the process of converting to XenForo. Our existing warning/infraction system works well, and gets a lot of use. Providing a "one button" appeal process would just create more work for the staff.

I'm an admin on a VERY large site with over 17,000 active members and we're in the process of converting to XenForo. Our existing warning/infraction system works well, and gets a lot of use. Providing a "one button" appeal process would just create more work for the staff.
I understand what you mean but I think members can even abuse the current report system. So implementing of this warning appeal system is not a big deal. It's a simple feature which would be turned on and off with permissions I think.

I think you will find that most of the ones really wanting this are typically those that run forums that are MineCraft or other game server related and the forum is used as a support system for the game. I know for none of my forums would I have any use for it. If they get a warning then they get a warning.

Top Bottom