APC or eAccelerator?

Jaxel

My server doesn't seem to have APC installed yet... it does have eAccelerator...

My question of course, should I just use eAccelerator, or should I have APC installed? From what I've been reading on StackOverflow, most people are saying that eAccelerator is faster, uses less memory, and is directly compatible with Zend Optimizer (which my server also has). But I see this thread that says Kier recommends APC... So which one should I use?

Also, if I go with eAccelerator, I didn't see any instructions to setup XenForo's config...

No, but it will be in the core of 5.4 and hopefully will get the same level of development as other parts of PHP especially as it will become more prevalent.

Okay... next questions...

I already have eAccelerator installed with a 16mb cache. Will I get any advantage to installing APC on top of it?

I use eAccelerator, which is included with the cPanel EasyApache installer. They just added xCache, but some of the configuration features aren't there yet.

But that's nice to know about PHP and APC. When is 5.4 to be out?

Okay... next questions...

I already have eAccelerator installed with a 16mb cache. Will I get any advantage to installing APC on top of it?

I've personally read eAccelerator is faster than APC. But don't take my word on that one, I'm no expert on the matter. This site might interest you learning more in general about the two types. http://www.sitebuddy.com/

Also, I didn't think eAccelerator was supported yet in XenForo as a cache system to use?

We have used XCache on nginx for about 8 months now and very happy with it, definitely recommend it.

You can check the speed of our forums here. Example of server load: 0,38 0,40 0,37 | 672 Users Online (186 members and 486 guests). And this is on a dedicated Dell server bought in 2008 running vB+vBSEO.

Inasmuch as cPanel supports eAccelerator, that's an easy way to go. You don't have to mess with any configurations. They just added XCache support, but it's very very limited and requires some fiddling to make it work.

Top Bottom