Fixed  Apache/PHP crash on db query (Windows)

p.s. don't know if this is related but this value in the .htaccess is not supported in the IIS7's mod rewrite: 'RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l' So I just deleted it when I imported the rules. What does this '-l' switch do? Maybe there's a substitute for IIS7.

IIS has its own rewrite engine.
.htaccess will work with a free (lite version) modification : http://www.helicontech.com/download-isapi_rewrite3.htm

It's highly recommended though to use the native IIS rewrite engine. I will stitch together the right rewrite rules for IIS for your web.config.

Okay seems the issue is with WAMP solely .... tick tick tick ... hello Apple. Will go with Luciano's solution as I need to get cracking on some coding.

IIS has its own rewrite engine.
.htaccess will work with a free (lite version) modification : http://www.helicontech.com/download-isapi_rewrite3.htm

It's highly recommended though to use the native IIS rewrite engine. I will stitch together the right rewrite rules for IIS for your web.config.
Yeah, I'm using the native IIS7 mod rewrite by importing the text inside the .htaccess file. But for the installation script I'm seeing that it's not needed (I think).

What I see on the address bar is '/install.php?install/step/2b' and am wondering how IIS/PHP is really processing that with an incomplete mod rewrite ...

So I'm just stuck with the stack overflow and on step 2b while caching/importing templates. Seems a line there is calling this kind of recurrsion and the script aborts.

Okay seems the issue is with WAMP solely .... tick tick tick ... hello Apple. Will go with Luciano's solution as I need to get cracking on some coding.
Not solely WAMP :)
I manually installed apache php and mysql and I'm getting the same error as you.
I'm following Blandt's advice, kids machine has now been repurposed as a Ubuntu box until I get this fixed for my Windows 7 box heh

Oh Mother!! I normally manually install A,P & M, like to configure it the way I want.
Over the past 24 hours have tried reconfiguring, coaxing and XAMPP, (absolute cr**!)
Ended up with the Zend Server freebee version. Looks to be working very nicely after some figuring out.

Yeah, I'm using the native IIS7 mod rewrite by importing the text inside the .htaccess file. But for the installation script I'm seeing that it's not needed (I think).

What I see on the address bar is '/install.php?install/step/2b' and am wondering how IIS/PHP is really processing that with an incomplete mod rewrite ...

So I'm just stuck with the stack overflow and on step 2b while caching/importing templates. Seems a line there is calling this kind of recurrsion and the script aborts.

I don't think this has anything to do with the rewrite rules.

This is php. missing few dlls. try to install zendserver configured with IIS as cornishman mentioned

SEO URLs are not enabled by default. You'll need to remove this line, when importing the HTAccess, using the official mod_rewrite addon for IIS:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
I use Windows, and I personally suggest using IIS with FastCGI with WinCache.

I caved in and installed XAMPP, and the XenForo install went through without any problems. So finally I'm able to play with it now. :)
Would have preferred that it worked with WAMP though, as they have a 64-bit version that's very very fast.

Took me ages to get to the bottom of this and workaround the issues, but this should be fixed for beta 2 now. I hope it doesn't appear anywhere else!
Thanks for the update, Mike!

Was just the installer fixed or the Statement.php (or any other core file) itself? I'm asking this because apart from crashing the installer at Step 2, apache also crashed on editing & saving the "navigation.css" template (character count: 7659) when I was running XF on XAMPP using a database dump exported from a *nix environment.

Statement.php was changed (annoying as I really don't want to change ZF), as well as the template lexer.

Top Bottom