[AP] Style Suite

[AP] Style Suite [Paid] 2.11.9

No permission to buy (€15.00)
apathy updated [AP] Style Suite with a new update entry:

• Create Postbit presets dropdown and admin panel page - only 3 to choose from for now, more will be added in the future
  • Delete old & unused admin template "ap_ss_avatar_frame_ad.less"
  • Don't show a tab if the relevant section is disabled
  • Fix "undefined index: special"
  • Fix broken avatar frame preview
  • Remove Onboarding Tasks since User Onboarding 2.0 supports Xenforo criteria
  • ACTUALLY unset registry entries during uninstall
  • Fix typo in uninstaller: "ap_frame_style"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey! Yay @ point number one. Thank you for adding this. I have about 7 different pre-set postbit backgrounds. Do you think it would be easy for myself to add the extras with a template edit?

Could you add a few screenshots of these new changes to the overview? Ready to purchase and support :)
There's a page for adding/removing preset backgrounds in Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Manage postbits, so no template modifications necessary.

As for users, the available presets will appear in a dropdown in Account -> Style settings -> Postbit settings.

Here's a screenshot of the admin & user page respectively running on my site - I'll update the product page with more official looking ones tomorrow.

Attachments

• adminPostbit.webp
    adminPostbit.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 11
  • userPostbit.webp
    userPostbit.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 11
There's a page for adding/removing preset backgrounds in Admin Panel -> Appearance -> Manage postbits, so no template modifications necessary.

As for users, the available presets will appear in a dropdown in Account -> Style settings -> Postbit settings.

Here's a screenshot of the admin & user page respectively running on my site - I'll update the product page with more official looking ones tomorrow.
Ooh. I misunderstood - sorry. You meant that you have 3 default postbit bgs so far, but these can be added/changed.

I just checked it out on your site - and posted. My avatar frame changes, but I've got one of the three postbits selected and saved, but it doesn't appear to show on my postbit in public. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong!

Ooh. I misunderstood - sorry. You meant that you have 3 default postbit bgs so far, but these can be added/changed.

I just checked it out on your site - and posted. My avatar frame changes, but I've got one of the three postbits selected and saved, but it doesn't appear to show on my postbit in public. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong!
Could be a compatibility issue with my themes (the addon isn't developed there), but either way I'll double check in the morning. As I mentioned in my PM to you I identified another issue anyway, so an update will be out tomorrow.

@apathy Awesome add-on! Just purchased it. Everything works great! One question though, how do I change the the FontAwesome for usernames? I tried stuff like "address-card", "fa-address-card", and "f2bb" (from the FontAwesome "Cheat Sheet"),, but nothing works. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

@apathy Awesome add-on! Just purchased it. Everything works great! One question though, how do I change the the FontAwesome for usernames? I tried stuff like "address-card", "fa-address-card", and "f2bb" (from the FontAwesome "Cheat Sheet"),, but nothing works. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
By any chance are you using "Font Awesome Manager" by Kirby?

I'm not. Should I be? :)
No, using the addon would describe what youre observing (many features work fine but icons dont appear). But if you're not using it then something else is obviously getting in the way.
I'll make an account on your forum in the next couple of minutes to see what's up.

My site is hanging and going super slow after installing Font Awesome Manager. I'm removing it now. :(
It's a good addon but I wasn't suggesting you use it, by design the fontawesome icon feature of my addon will be incompatible with it. I just wanted to rule it out before I looked any deeper.

I've made an account on your site and manually entered "fas fa-skull" into the FontAwesome icon box, it does actually load when I save but the javascript that handles that box isn't working for one reason or another. I'm not sure why because I can see it being loaded in my browser console just fine.
Can you try it out on the default Xenforo theme to see if it still happens?

It's a good addon but I wasn't suggesting you use it, by design the fontawesome icon feature of my addon will be incompatible with it. I just wanted to rule it out before I looked any deeper.

I've made an account on your site and manually entered "fas fa-skull" into the FontAwesome icon box, it does actually load when I save but the javascript that handles that box isn't working for one reason or another. I'm not sure why because I can see it being loaded in my browser console just fine.
Can you try it out on the default Xenforo theme to see if it still happens?
Give me a couple mins. I'm uninstalling FA Manager and my forum is hanging.

BTW, I see your skull icon! Where did you get the code for that? I'm using a Font Awesome Cheatsheet site but the codes they show are different that what you used...

Give me a couple mins. I'm uninstalling FA Manager and my forum is hanging.

BTW, I see your skull icon! Where did you get the code for that? I'm using a Font Awesome Cheatsheet site but the codes they show are different that what you used...
For now you can use https://fontawesome.com/v5/search to search for icon codes, but once I get the textbox working again you'll be able to search from there instead

Cool. I need to reboot my server. It's acting very strange and using huge amounts of RAM and disk I/O :(

Is there a good way to use conditional statements to disable a certain usergroup from viewing any customizations?

We have some users with visual sensitivities who would like to opt out of seeing other users customizations entirely, but I'm struggling to find a way.

Alternatively it would be an excellent feature if members could disable all visual aesthetic changes, for accessibility reasons! :) I love this addon so far though.

I use this add-on and you can completely control each and every aspect of what can be customized by editing the user group permissions. For example, I enable everything except Profile customization for Registered and Admin groups. Not sure about individual users...

I use this add-on and you can completely control each and every aspect of what can be customized by editing the user group permissions. For example, I enable everything except Profile customization for Registered and Admin groups. Not sure about individual users...
Yes, this addon is super powerful, it's very impressive! I'd like to keep everything enabled for everyone, but allow users to be able to opt out of seeing other members customizations.

Edit: Oh oh I see wthat there's options in the Style Properties to disable, so I can just make a theme for sensitive folks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom