[AP] Activity/Longevity Meters

[AP] Activity/Longevity Meters 1.2.1

No permission to download
The plugin is great but doesn't work on some member groups. There is no option in the permissions section either. can you help me
Do you mean the meters just dont appear for users who belong to certain groups? As you noted there arent any permissions, it's simply a matter of whether you have a specific meter enabled, or whether you want it to show in postbits / profiles.
The next version is going to have permissions in place so all I could advise is waiting and seeing if that update fixes it.

I like the addon, although I would love to be able to modify the size, width and height of the measurement bars, would it be possible to do this? in my forum when activating the bars they look too big and long.

EDIT: Following his advice and editing ap_actlong_progress_bar.less I was able to leave it to my liking. Thank you!!

Last edited:
Hi @apathy, I love how you put it on your forum under Stats in postbit. Could you provide me with how I could include it like this in mine?

On my postbit I didn't get it too good so I just let it show up in the profile info for now, but it would be great to be able to see it as it shows up on your forum: https://fortreeforums.xyz/threads/ap-activity-longevity-meters.1539/

Thank you!!
I'm hoping to release the next update tomorrow which will make it slightly easier to replace the CSS bars with images. Once it's out I'll post here with a quick how-to.

apathy updated [AP] Activity/Longevity Meters with a new update entry:

• Turn progress bar style properties into CSS properties so its easier to style the bars without template editing
  • Create a bar height style property
  • Use min() to limit percentages to 100%
  • Create permissions for being able to view each meter - make sure you set them or the meters wont appear!
  • Extend user entity and create calculateActivityPercent() and calculateLongevityPercent()
  • Allow admins to configure the start date for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Since I was asked about it, here's a quick how-to on replacing the default CSS bars with images. I've made some simple ones for the sake of the tutorial as I'm unsure if I'm free to distribute the originals.
  • Go to Appearance -> Style properties -> [AP] Activity/Longevity Meters
  • Change Progress bar height -> 13px
  • In Progress bar background, upload this as your background image, and add the following to the "Extra" block
    • Code:
      width: 63px;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
      margin: 20px auto;
  • In Progress bar fill, upload this as your background image, and add the following to the "Extra" block
    • Code:
      height: 7px;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
  • In Progress bar percentage text, remove everything from the "Extra" block and change the text color to transparent
Your final settings should look like this:
final_settings.webp

The results should look like below:
actlong_image_meters.webp

Hi, I noticed that the members page shows Highest activity, with a link to: members/?key=ap_actlong_member_stat

But this one is empty, I always get the message: No user meets the specified criteria.

Noticed that the same thing happens in his forum.
What is this due to? I've been looking for the template that does the functionality, but I can't find it. Could you give me more information about it?

Thank you

Hi, I noticed that the members page shows Highest activity, with a link to: members/?key=ap_actlong_member_stat

But this one is empty, I always get the message: No user meets the specified criteria.

Noticed that the same thing happens in his forum.
What is this due to? I've been looking for the template that does the functionality, but I can't find it. Could you give me more information about it?

Thank you
Without being at home to check, I think the member stat is looking for our old column name. It used to be "ap_activity_meter" and I believe its searching for that, but in a recent update we renamed the column to "ap_actlong_activity_meter"

It should be a simple fix, I'll try get it out in the next day or two

View attachment 285335

Just installed, receiving this error
Are you entering a value into the "Forum start date" option? It's expecting the date to be formatted in "Y-m-d" but admittedly that's not clear at all.
I'll get a fix out for this as soon as I can, but in the meantime see if a "Y-m-d" formatted date works.

Are you entering a value into the "Forum start date" option? It's expecting the date to be formatted in "Y-m-d" but admittedly that's not clear at all.
I'll get a fix out for this as soon as I can, but in the meantime see if a "Y-m-d" formatted date works.
OH! That is the issue, I was inputting date as Aug 27, 2022. Thanks!

1682804719953.webp

What would be the best way to get the meter lined up LEFT right after "activity" similar to "Joined and "Last seen". And also how to change text color of "Activity" to match rest of those fields which should be a light grey?

Thanks!

What would be the best way to get the meter lined up LEFT right after "activity" similar to "Joined and "Last seen". And also how to change text color of "Activity" to match rest of those fields which should be a light grey?

Thanks!
I'm assuming you have your Postbit font color in Style Suite's settings set to blue, and that's what's causing the "Activity" label to be colored blue.
I'm not sure what the solution to this is right now, as modifying the template which handles all of this would stop the Postbit font color from applying to the "Activity" and "Longevity" labels in posts themselves, not just the tooltip.

To position the bars on the left in the tooltip, add this to the bottom of ap_actlong_progress_bar.less
Code:
.tooltip--member .ap-al-block--progress .ap-al-progress-bar { float: left; }

I'm assuming you have your Postbit font color in Style Suite's settings set to blue, and that's what's causing the "Activity" label to be colored blue.
I'm not sure what the solution to this is right now, as modifying the template which handles all of this would stop the Postbit font color from applying to the "Activity" and "Longevity" labels in posts themselves, not just the tooltip.
Nothing is set with the Postbit font color in Style Suit. This is the default colors out of the box - so I figured it should be the same font color as “Joined” and “Last seen”. Or Atleast the same default CSS as those 🤷🏼‍♂️

I just updated to the latest version and the activity and longevity bars have stopped appearing.

If activity appears: and its percentage and Longevity: and its percentage, but the bars do not appear anywhere.

I just updated to the latest version and the activity and longevity bars have stopped appearing.

If activity appears: and its percentage and Longevity: and its percentage, but the bars do not appear anywhere.
Hey sorry for the late reply - so what you're saying is the text & percentage will appear but the actual styled bars/images do not?
I'll have a mess around with it over the next few days to see if I can reproduce this, if I can't I'll send you a private message to get more info.

Hey sorry for the late reply - so what you're saying is the text & percentage will appear but the actual styled bars/images do not?
I'll have a mess around with it over the next few days to see if I can reproduce this, if I can't I'll send you a private message to get more info.
Indeed, the percentages in text appear, but the images of the bars do not.

Top Bottom