XF 1.5 Anyway to exclude specific text from smiley replacements?

Kevin

Even if I have to change some hard-coding, is there a way of excluding specific text from being picked up by the smiley replacements?

In particular, every time I try to write ST:DS9 it comes out as ST:DS9. D'oh! Rather than change the default 'big grin' replacement I'd rather jury rig it to skip that one particular text.

I was going to say you could use plain tags, but you actually did that in your post... :)

That's really the only option. There isn't anything automatic.

I was going to say you could use plain tags, but you actually did that in your post... :)

That's really the only option. There isn't anything automatic.
Mike, thanks. Any chance of there being a quick & dirty hard-coded edit I could do to exclude a specific string from being replaced?

Mike, thanks. Any chance of there being a quick & dirty hard-coded edit I could do to exclude a specific string from being replaced?
I've got a cheat for you.

Use the Censoring system.

Word:
ST:DS9

Replacement:
ST∶DS9

In the replacement, the ∶ character is a colon, but it's a slightly different colon - it's used in ratios. Somewhat indistinguishable but essentially the censoring happens before the smilie replacement so it prevents it from being rendered as a smilie.

I've got a cheat for you.

Use the Censoring system.

Word:
ST:DS9

Replacement:
ST∶DS9

In the replacement, the ∶ character is a colon, but it's a slightly different colon - it's used in ratios. Somewhat indistinguishable but essentially the censoring happens before the smilie replacement so it prevents it from being rendered as a smilie.
Nice! I just tried it out and that works perfectly, thank you. :D

Top Bottom