Anyone with a VERY large community using XenForo?

I haven't tried it with such a large community, but i think it should be able to handle it, giving the server has resources to handle such a website. I'm sure if vBull can handle it XenForo can easily. Much better queries and resource usage. Though i wouldn't recommend Apache for 10,000+ connections.

i remember Kier writing that xf is still missing sphinx integration and until then he wouldn't convert his own big board which is now running vbulletin. im not sure about this so don't take my post for granted.

I don't think they have reached 10k members yet... and the site won't load at the moment...
frown.png

Of course I can say - I was just teasing. The site actually seems to be down at the moment, but milepoint.com is/was growing at a very impressive rate.

Yeah seems to be down sadly. I may run Apache benchmark on Xenforo and see how it will perform on 10K connections. However Apache it self would die so i will use Nginx or Lighttpd

Of course I can say - I was just teasing. The site actually seems to be down at the moment, but milepoint.com is/was growing at a very impressive rate.
Thanks for noticing and yes growing very rapidly in our Beta toward launch March 1. Yesterday more than 10,000 posts. We're down awaiting our DNS change to take effect as we moved up onto the Amazon EC2 cloud last night. It may take a little while for us to reach 10K concurrent but we're going to give it a run. Coming from experience with vB, no one on our team can find anything but the most positive things to say when recommending XF and no matter the stress loads we've put on it yet, and the real world performance since our Beta launch on Feb. 4, it's a rela thing of beauty for the admins. Thanks for noticing and as for our audience—we're all about the pursuit of frequent flyer miles ...

and with all the beta growth, the website wasn't even breathing even though on a shared test server we have with some data harvesting in the background. Very efficient technology.

Coming from experience with vB, no one on our team can find anything but the most positive things to say when recommending XF and no matter the stress loads we've put on it yet, and the real world performance since our Beta launch on Feb. 4, it's a rela thing of beauty for the admins.

and with all the beta growth, the website wasn't even breathing even though on a shared test server we have with some data harvesting in the background. Very efficient technology.

*You like this*
smile.png

And I love your 'under construction' page: http://174.129.33.216/flash.php

Large condom over your face?
wink.png

Wow, so the milepoint site is down for many days........
I would be scared to ever take such a bold move! My site has never been down more than 8 hours since 1996.......
It's hard to imagine why the old site can't keep running while the new one is put into place.......

I remember way back when AOL was down for 3 days.....really ruined their cred and business in a lot of ways...not that I am AOL, just saying.....

Large condom over your face?
;)
Wow, so the milepoint site is down for many days........
I would be scared to ever take such a bold move! My site has never been down more than 8 hours since 1996.......
It's hard to imagine why the old site can't keep running while the new one is put into place.......

I remember way back when AOL was down for 3 days.....really ruined their cred and business in a lot of ways...not that I am AOL, just saying.....

They are a new site, google flyertalk milepoint... ;)

Top Bottom