Anyone using VIVVO with Xenforo?

I've heard many good things about VIVVO but have never used it.
I really liked the demo and was going to purchase a license to use with vB3.
Looking back, I made the wrong decision not to because vB4 was soon to be released.
But that is another story.
I'd give it some serious consideration. Too many people think blogs or portals can do the job as a CMS.

$300 for cms is not worth it at all
I never heard of it or even seen screenshot for it :confused:
You've never seen it so how can you comment?

It looks nice and I remember reading pretty good reviews about Vivo. The price is quite shocking tho I agree.... but it's about the same as expression engine and ez-publish if you compare among paying CMS.

Looking at their client's websites tho, I think Expression Engine sites look way more impressive.

I really liked the demo and was going to purchase a license to use with vB3.
Looking back, I made the wrong decision not to because vB4 was soon to be released.
But that is another story.
I'd give it some serious consideration. Too many people think blogs or portals can do the job as a CMS.

You've never seen it so how can you comment?
Of course I looked at the demo in the front page. It didn't really impresses me that much + i don't like to use two different product in one site anymore.

<snip>
I never heard of it or even seen screenshot for it :confused:
Of course I looked at the demo in the front page.
OK I guess.
It didn't really impresses me that much + i don't like to use two different product in one site anymore.
That is different than what you originally said.
Some people may say a CMS is bloat, just as a gallery, arcade or what have you.
Third party addons will fill in the gap.

I don't know about this product but if it where to do exactly what I wanted $300.00 is worth it. I doubt it does what I am looking for though.

I am very picky about product integrations (... well ... everything. :) )

VivvoCMS + Xenforo + XenMedio + XenAtendo = Awesome !

I tested the Login Integration ... worked flawlessly.
Notice on the Homepage:
(1) The Xenforo Forum Dropdown !
(2) VivvoCMS Articles
(3) xenForo profile, inbox, alerts :)

Great stuff. Awesome job sifuhall. (y)

Can you clarify? Does this allow you to use Xenforo avatar and profiles to comment under Vivvo CMS? Does the whole site feel integrated? Are community elements being pulled into Vivvo?

Can you clarify?
Check it out .. You can see it here:
http://www.dragonslist.com

Q: Does this allow you to use Xenforo avatar and profiles to comment under Vivvo CMS?
A: Yes(ish). Specifically: A xenforo comment thread appears under the Vivvo CMS article. To do the comment, you have to follow a link from the Vivvo article to the corresponding comment thread in xF. I believe xF avatars are supposed to work, but mine did not [see here].

Q: Does the whole site feel integrated?
A: Surprisingly so !

Q: Are community elements being pulled into Vivvo?
A: Just on the homepage itself, there are many xenforo items.

Some screenshots:

Attachments

• dragonslist.com.vivvoCMS.xenforo.integration.excellent.webp
    dragonslist.com.vivvoCMS.xenforo.integration.excellent.webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 45
Looks very interesting! Has quite a few things that I'd want for the site I'm working on now but with that it'd end up being 3 systems and not just 2 (xenforo & vivvo). That's because the main focus of the site wouldn't be the cms and I'm coding that with another framework (cakephp). I think I might take a look at the demo and borrow some ideas for my own version of a cms. Certainly we've had a lot of requests in the past for articles to be done through the forums though I was edging more towards how this works (comments done through forum with link back to main article). My preferred option was using something like Disqus but then that wouldn't have any integration with the forum which wouldn't be popular.

I'll prob give the demo a try on my local and see what it's like. But as I said I'm apprehensive on trying to mix 3 systems together so it may just be a case of borrowing ideas lol.

I wish we could get something like this for Wordpress, pulling in Xenforo user commenting and avatars into it. There is a huge market out there for this type of plugin but no developers seem interested in it. The Wordpress plugin in the Xenforo mods section is not comprehensive enough, nor does it allow you to use Wordpress to manage user logins/passwords etc. which is needed because many membership site scripts like Wishlist Member for Wordpress must use the Wordpress login systems in order to work.

I really do like Vivvo still, I think it's the best looking CMS out there. Said before I used to own it but sold license soon after (that was years ago). Also said before, unfortunately I found it ran very sluggish, even when running it using WampServer locally on PC. So you can't really blame the live web host for being purely at fault. It should have run like grease lightening locally on PC, but it ran no differently to live site, was just as bad.

Looks like you ditched VIVVO ? and are now using XenPorta ?
What's the scoop ?

It would not surprise me if he ditched it because of what I said above, poor performance issues trying to do anything with it. If you think WordPress can be slow at times doing things, you'll pull your hair with pure frustration using Vivvo.

Looks like you ditched VIVVO ? and are now using XenPorta ?
What's the scoop ?
Vivvo was fine and should work well for most sites.

The biggest issue for us was we allow all members to submit articles and if the articles are published if approved by staff.

With the current state of Vivvo, once a member submits an article it can no longer be edited by the member and if a staff member edits the article they become the author.

We tried various work-arounds to resolve this but eventually had to give up and try another route.

Out of necessity we have simplified our workflow a bit.

Currently articles are submitted and if approved then published.

We are implementing a process to allow edits and require re-approval.

I don't know much about those add-ons but will check them out.

Top Bottom