Anyone Use this host?

Cambion

So I pretty much was all set on Hostdime's Services...I am little skeptical just because I've read some REALLY great reviews about them but the reviews that i read that are negative kind of worried me.
Sites being down for hours at time, Support not being entirely helpful, Multiple people's hands in one ticket which causes confusion, etc etc.

Granted most of these are for Shared Hosting...Though I read a few VPS/Dedicated reviews online complaining about some problems(I am planning on VPS) just not as much as Shared/reseller.
I'm so conflicted at the moment. I almost signed up last night but stopped. I've pretty much chosen them, after much discussion.

yet I am leaving a currently popular Host on WHT because they have had way too many small cases of mistakes/screw-ups that have presently left me with some unexplained errors/issues on my forum(And I am too afraid to ask them to fix it since when they fixed one thing it messed something else up lol). So I'd hate to go from one host to another and have worse problems(not saying I would)
Choosing a host can be so stressful XD

Anyone have any knowledge. I like the Pre-sales experience(then again I liked my Pre-sale with my current host) and they do have a 45 day guarantee(But my host had 30 and it wasn't until LAST month i begin having issues).

I am getting tired of host hopping lol. Makes me look like I can't keep a relationship ;)
And I still haven't managed to figure out those Issues on my XF forums :( and it's been a week since i converted lol

There is their sister site, Vpslatch, but i like that the support with Host Dime does have phone support as well...Though not too thrilled about them using Openvz

...Though not too thrilled about them using Openvz

I assure you there's nothing wrong with OpenVZ, so long as it's done properly and not oversold. OpenVZ got a bad rap because it's the easiest to set up, the easiest to oversell, and that's exactly what a lot of summer kiddie hosts have done with OpenVZ. We use OpenVZ because of the ability to upgrade containers easily, and it's just blazing fast. SO much faster than the other virtualizations...trust me...we tested for months.

Have never used Host Dime, but know plenty of people who have, for both VPS and Dedicated Servers, and they never really had any issues. I think one experienced a fiber cut down there or something (you really can't fault them for that), but aside from that, really had no problems.

$42 per month could get you an Intel Xeon E3 1225v2 with 16 GB RAM and 3 x 120 GB SSD at Soyoustart. You also get 16 IPs that you only pay $3 per IP for set up and there is no monthly charge. If you want Cpanel then another $20 for that. Get a $10 per month server admin if you need help in managing server and you are all set. That is a decent piece of hardware for the price.

Their data centre is located in Canada but the additional IPs can be from US as well. I have been using OVH for a long time and SYS since it was launched and never had any problem.

I also use Hostdime's shared hosting at different locations but I cannot comment on their support as I never opened any ticket.

So I pretty much was all set on Hostdime's Services...I am little skeptical just because I've read some REALLY great reviews about them but the reviews that i read that are negative kind of worried me.
Sites being down for hours at time, Support not being entirely helpful, Multiple people's hands in one ticket which causes confusion, etc etc.

Granted most of these are for Shared Hosting...Though I read a few VPS/Dedicated reviews online complaining about some problems(I am planning on VPS) just not as much as Shared/reseller.
I'm so conflicted at the moment. I almost signed up last night but stopped. I've pretty much chosen them, after much discussion.

yet I am leaving a currently popular Host on WHT because they have had way too many small cases of mistakes/screw-ups that have presently left me with some unexplained errors/issues on my forum(And I am too afraid to ask them to fix it since when they fixed one thing it messed something else up lol). So I'd hate to go from one host to another and have worse problems(not saying I would)
Choosing a host can be so stressful XD

Anyone have any knowledge. I like the Pre-sales experience(then again I liked my Pre-sale with my current host) and they do have a 45 day guarantee(But my host had 30 and it wasn't until LAST month i begin having issues).

I am getting tired of host hopping lol. Makes me look like I can't keep a relationship ;)
And I still haven't managed to figure out those Issues on my XF forums :( and it's been a week since i converted lol

There is their sister site, Vpslatch, but i like that the support with Host Dime does have phone support as well...Though not too thrilled about them using Openvz
How is your switch over going thus far - happy? I am looking to switch hosts as well, you said you went to VPS - I have always been told my site would run better on a shared as apposed to a VPS - your site seemed pretty snappy- is it a super busy site? Always confused me on why a VPS would be less performance for me.

I am looking to switch hosts as well, you said you went to VPS - I have always been told my site would run better on a shared as apposed to a VPS - your site seemed pretty snappy

Why would it run better on shared hosting?

Unless you are on some low end VPS, I really doubt that your site will run better on shared hosting.

How is your switch over going thus far - happy? I am looking to switch hosts as well, you said you went to VPS - I have always been told my site would run better on a shared as apposed to a VPS - your site seemed pretty snappy- is it a super busy site? Always confused me on why a VPS would be less performance for me.
Super Busy? ehhh...I mean it is not dead but it doesn't have thousand and thousands on at once :P

In truth and this is also in reply to @Optima as well, it really depends.
High Quality Shared HOSTING can be faster than a VPS(this is what i am talking about). A low end VPS can be outspecced by higher end shared hosting.

I've been using a VPS from various companies for over a year and I cant honestly say my site is much faster with shared hosting vs VPS, but i can say for the most part it is more reliable. My resources are my resources. I have my own IP address and not shared with 100s of others etc etc I may even move to Managed Dedi just for even more breathing room one day.

I like the fact that you have more freedom to install stuff that you need for your site(Shared Hosting is more restrictive) but at the same time, Shared Hosting definitely has its perks. The host holds your hand and is definitely on it when issues arise.

IN regards to my site(thanks for checking it out), I think it may have to do with the fact it is Pure SSD storage and litespeed enabled as well.

I am currently still with my present host though I am dabbling around and checking out a few options as well.

If you are looking for Quality Shared OR Possibly a VPS i recommend
1. BigScoots.com
I used them off and on and they are great.

2. Veerotech
I also used them briefly.

3. Fresh Roasted Hosting
I haven't used them but i am in talks with them and they do have great reviews.

I tend to try to stay away from super popular hosts though.

Super Busy? ehhh...I mean it is not dead but it doesn't have thousand and thousands on at once :p

In truth and this is also in reply to @Optima as well, it really depends.
High Quality Shared HOSTING can be faster than a VPS(this is what i am talking about). A low end VPS can be outspecced by higher end shared hosting.

I've been using a VPS from various companies for over a year and I cant honestly say my site is much faster with shared hosting vs VPS, but i can say for the most part it is more reliable. My resources are my resources. I have my own IP address and not shared with 100s of others etc etc I may even move to Managed Dedi just for even more breathing room one day.

I like the fact that you have more freedom to install stuff that you need for your site(Shared Hosting is more restrictive) but at the same time, Shared Hosting definitely has its perks. The host holds your hand and is definitely on it when issues arise.

IN regards to my site(thanks for checking it out), I think it may have to do with the fact it is Pure SSD storage and litespeed enabled as well.

I am currently still with my present host though I am dabbling around and checking out a few options as well.

If you are looking for Quality Shared OR Possibly a VPS i recommend
1. BigScoots.com
I used them off and on and they are great.

2. Veerotech
I also used them briefly.

3. Fresh Roasted Hosting
I haven't used them but i am in talks with them and they do have great reviews.

I tend to try to stay away from super popular hosts though.
Thanks for the info, I have only used 2 hosts since I started in 2009, I too don't want to jump around so I will hopefully choose wisely the third and stick around with them. :)

I have a fully managed Servint VPS and they take care of everything for me.

vpsLatch & HostDime have always been great with me. Granted I have a dedi with them now so have not really seen any problems but my friend has a VPS with them as well and again there has been no issues so I would definitely recommend them (y)

I am thinking of trying out Hostdimes SHD1 - I guess this would be a slight upgrade to the typical 10 dollar a month shared hosting.

Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 7.35.31 AM.webp

Top Bottom