Anyone running a finance forum?

Andy.N

Just curious to see any admin who runs finance related forums/websites here. I see lot of admin/games related stuff.

I get all my medical advice from reddit. I'm sure financial advice can be retrieved the same way. =P

I have a few finance related forums - mostly targeted at an Australian audience.

One is a broad investment related forum, currently running vB 3.8.x but I'm working on migrating the site to XF over Christmas.

A second is real estate specific - again running vB v3.8.x with plans to migrate to XF once I'm happy with the setup of that first site. This site is very busy and has a very active moderation team, so I am expecting to possibly need to code a few add-ons to help the moderators do what they need to do. I'm using the first forum as a testing ground since it isn't as busy.

A third site is associated with a funds management analysis tool I built using vB v3.8.x as a platform - this will also be migrated to XenForo at some point when I find the time. The forum is mostly just used for technical support and discussion of site functionality rather than being a destination in its own right.

I have a small sharemarket based discussion forum already running on XenForo - but that's not yet open to the public, it started life as a private discussion for investors in a privately owned company that I was involved in, but I plan on expanding its focus and opening it up to the public at some point.

I get all my medical advice from reddit. I'm sure financial advice can be retrieved the same way. =P
Thanks. I should have been more specific. I know there are many personal finance sites out there but more curious on the "high finance" ones.

You will have to offer quite a bit of education I would guess. Net Present Value, Term Intermediation Problems, Efficient frontier, Velocity of Money, issues with IRR, and on and on and on.

I run a stock forum but it's still running on vBulletin. I have a lot of time invested in custom plugins like stock quotes, and a user Paypal donation system. I'd love to move to Xenforo but I'm worried about porting the plugins and theme :/

I run a stock forum but it's still running on vBulletin. I have a lot of time invested in custom plugins like stock quotes, and a user Paypal donation system. I'd love to move to Xenforo but I'm worried about porting the plugins and theme :/

I had the same problem. I paid a dev to code the addons and he created a demo based on the existing VB database. When it was ready he just redid the install on that database.

I have checked a few finance / investment related forums, but it seems very few of them have a lot of members or a lot of activity.....:confused:

Not sure why ?

Top Bottom