Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

Also forgot to mention, Ranger, if you didn't know, you can apparently now set the phone to use the LED flash as a message indicator. So you have everything you've missed!

Apple will certainly be proud at this point... when they release the iPhone4 they have 600,000 orders on release day. With the iPhone4S they have over a million. The tech heads assessment is that it is the most powerful smartphone on the market to date.

Its funny, Samsung opening a temp store next to Apple in Sydney, giving away their Samsung Galaxy for $2 to people in line for the iPhone... yet the kids who are that keen to lineup at an Apple store made statement after getting a Galaxy for $2, that they're going to stick it on eBay to help pay for their new iPhone. So only those who are looking for a Galaxy are going to really endup with the phone... Samsung achieved little other than some free advertising from pulling the stunt, the Apple fans still remained to buy their iPhone.

I am impressed with this talk to the phone stuff... talk sms all the way through, from opening the sms application, talk to write, talk to send, all without having to touch the phone. Pretty intuitive stuff... though still not enough for me to warrant changing my iPhone4 for the improvements.

I tend to like to skip a phone release, feeling I get value for money from my phone before changing it.

About 7 orders came from me, 6 of which I cancelled, but not before Apple decided to debit the amount. I should add that not all orders were not fulfilled, since I assume that figure includes ones cancelled by AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/other carriers ?

Got my 4S today (actually three in total) and I'm lovin it. It doesn't "feel" like a big upgrade (because, well, it isn't) but I have a feeling it's the foundation for more to come with iOS 5 in the future. Also, the camera hardware changes alone made this upgrade worth it for me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

This is also very satisfying:
Photo Oct 14, 10 46 46 PM.webp

Well, I don't really need the new iPhone, because I still have my iPhone 4 that I just upgraded to iOS 5 3 days ago. I've also upgraded my iPad 1 and I'm pretty much set to go. I really don't need Siri, the only features that I was looking forward to is Raminders, Newsstand, using the volume button to take pics and video, accessing the camera from the lock screen, iMessage, the new Music and Video apps, the WiFi syncing, Notifications and that is what I got with the upgrade. I also noticed some other minor new features that I find pretty useful, but I'm sure I'll find more of those as I dig trough the iOS 5.
I'm still planning on getting the iPad 2 sometime next year, which is about 2,5 months away. I don't use iCloud, because I like my stuff to be on my computer or my external hard drives only, so I have set that the backups load onto my MacBook.

But I'm also planning on getting the iMac and the MacBook Air. I'l probably get the iPhone 5 when iPhone 6 comes out, and the iPad 3 when iPad 4 comes out, as I'm sure Apple's already working on the next generation of their devices and computers already.

Got my 4S today (actually three in total) and I'm lovin it. It doesn't "feel" like a big upgrade (because, well, it isn't) but I have a feeling it's the foundation for more to come with iOS 5 in the future. Also, the camera hardware changes alone made this upgrade worth it for me. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

This is also very satisfying:
View attachment 20113
Could you take that test on the mobile network instead of wifi?

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....just received a message from AT&T that I've gone over my 200mb of data on my iPhone and will be charged an additional $15 this month for another 200 mb. I have NO idea how I could be going over, since everything that I do online while I'm out and about is done on the iPad! I've had NO issues with this over the past year that I've had this plan, then all of a sudden this happens the past 3 months in a row.

AARRGGHH! :mad:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....just received a message from AT&T that I've gone over my 200mb of data on my iPhone and will be charged an additional $15 this month for another 200 mb. I have NO idea how I could be going over, since everything that I do online while I'm out and about is done on the iPad! I've had NO issues with this over the past year that I've had this plan, then all of a sudden this happens the past 3 months in a row.

Should of gotten an unlimited data plan while they were still available...grandfathering FTW :).

Earlier on, I got myself a 4S. :)
The overall speed improvement is outstanding coming over from a 3GS. The screen clarity is, again, noting that I bypassed the "4", simply incredible.
Decided to stay with basic black.

Since I updated my 3Gs to iOS5, everything's been moving at a slow, jerky pace.
When I move to Sprint tomorrow, I'm going to get the 4 (not 4s).

AT&T told me that the iPhone 5 is due for release in March so I think I'll hold off on this release. I was thinking about getting an LG Thrill but after I heard about a strange noise that comes from the battery that option kind of vanished.

AT&T told me that the iPhone 5 is due for release in March so I think I'll hold off on this release. I was thinking about getting an LG Thrill but after I heard about a strange noise that comes from the battery that option kind of vanished.
I'd be surprised if that were actually true, especially when you look at the release dates of the past phones:
  • June 29, 2007
  • July 11, 2008
  • June 19, 2009
  • June 24, 2010 (February 10, 2011 for CDMA model/April 28 2011 for white iPhone)
  • October 14, 2011
I don't see anything that would even hint they were release a new version in March, 5 months after their latest one, and I'd be surprised if someone running phone support knows the inner workings of release dates and plans of the company that long before the public.

I'd be surprised if that were actually true, especially when you look at the release dates of the past phones:

I agree.

I too, highly doubt that anyone, especially someone in sales at AT&T, would know the release date of a phone more than a month ahead of time, if that.
Whoever told you that is full of bull cocky.

• June 29, 2007
  • July 11, 2008
  • June 19, 2009
  • June 24, 2010 (February 10, 2011 for CDMA model/April 28 2011 for white iPhone)
  • October 14, 2011
I don't see anything that would even hint they were release a new version in March, 5 months after their latest one, and I'd be surprised if someone running phone support knows the inner workings of release dates and plans of the company that long before the public.
I would hope that it is not March but I am not going to take the risk when my current iPhone works fine.

*DATA# to check your data usage. ;)

3G with fair signal

View attachment 20196

WiFi - 5ft from router

View attachment 20197
Wow...that is a pretty big difference for you lol. Good thing I use AT&T for both home and mobile internet so I am used to crappy and slow no matter where I go ;).

Note: Although I absolutely despise my AT&T Internet I have to admit it is much better than my AOL Dial-Up where every 5 min I would hear "Goodbye" and then be disconnected :P.

Top Bottom