Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

That was a great time to buy.
3GS is still a solid phone.

Unfortunately, I had already purchased the 3Gs, months before it went on sale, so I didn't get it for $49.
I've had my phone for nearly 2 years, and am eligible for an upgrade in November, but I'm waiting to see if the iPhone 4 goes on sale after the 5 is released.

I have the 4 and I am giving it to my wife.
It isn't a business phone.
I don't want a business phone. I want an everything phone. Phone, voicemail, multiple email and calendars, music, movies, apps, ssh, rep, tethering, sharepoint admin, video conferencing, games.

If I'm going to carry a piece of electronics around everywhere I go, I want it for more than just business.

I'm still on 3Gs. When iPhone 4 came out, the 3Gs went on sale for $49.
I'm hoping that when iPhone 5 comes out, the 4 will go on sale as well. That is when I will get the iPhone 4.
Please get one for me too!
My cheque for $49.00 is on the way to you already!:)

I have a blackberry for my phone call and text messaging and a macbook for everything else :D

anyway I have a brother here interesting to buy a 3GS or iphone 4 in good condition (meaning everything is working) if you are interesting to buy a iphone 5 and want to sell your old iphone send me a PM

I don't want a business phone. I want an everything phone. Phone, voicemail, multiple email and calendars, music, movies, apps, ssh, rep, tethering, sharepoint admin, video conferencing, games.

If I'm going to carry a piece of electronics around everywhere I go, I want it for more than just business.

So an Android phone then

I'm still on a original iPhone 3G from what, 2008?

When whatever new model is released, I'll let things to settle to determine if I make a jump to whatever is appropriate. This old 3G model, it just cannot handle iOS 4 very well and some of everyday apps are so slow to load and respond.

I skipped 3GS & 4 - waiting to see what would come by 4Q2011. I checked out Android phones too, just didn't seem to fit my expectations (at this time).

My wife and her clients find iphone more than adequate for business... actually, it surpasses Android in Australia for business applications. Most major institutions, Government, etc, here, all make for iPhone, not Android.

People confuse this though IMHO... Android is an OS only, that is then put on many manufacturers handsets, thus a normal dominance should prevail for OS... however; iPhone is a singular product with OS, in that comparison, humiliates Android as an OS that is loaded across multiple phone systems when you pull the stats backwards for accurate comparison. iPhone is consistently growing, as is Android, again though, OS only vs. Phone + OS (singular product).

I read the above linked news article, dated 2010, and obviously Steve Wazniak got it slightly wrong, with Apples major shift in share value due to its doubling of sales margins because of the iPhone + iPad + iMac boom. His comparison re PC vs. Mac is also dated, as PC market share has dropped, Apple market share increased.

The man got it pretty wrong so it seems from all the data as at 2011.

My wife and her clients find iphone more than adequate for business... actually, it surpasses Android in Australia for business applications. Most major institutions, Government, etc, here, all make for iPhone, not Android.

People confuse this though IMHO... Android is an OS only, that is then put on many manufacturers handsets, thus a normal dominance should prevail for OS... however; iPhone is a singular product with OS, in that comparison, humiliates Android as an OS that is loaded across multiple phone systems when you pull the stats backwards for accurate comparison. iPhone is consistently growing, as is Android, again though, OS only vs. Phone + OS (singular product).

I read the above linked news article, dated 2010, and obviously Steve Wazniak got it slightly wrong, with Apples major shift in share value due to its doubling of sales margins because of the iPhone + iPad + iMac boom. His comparison re PC vs. Mac is also dated, as PC market share has dropped, Apple market share increased.

The man got it pretty wrong so it seems from all the data as at 2011.
Yes... It increased, but it still has the smaller share.

Also the market share of your example is by OS, where Android is clearly pulling ahead by leaps and bounds every quarter. If you're comparing manufacturer, Apple is currently tied with RIM (The last report I saw), with HTC and Motorola coming up behind with 12% and 10% respectively.

Manufacturer market share isn't the primary way of figuring out the mobile market due to phone saturation, which is how it was done before Apple got into the mobile game.

1. I have to pay for something an iPhone already does
2. No Exchange 2010 support

If you're aging that its fair to compare phones + apps, I think the iPhone wins that not just on the variety of apps, but also the average price point.

The best factor in favor of iPhone right now is memory requirements. With iTunes Match (still in Beta and only available to developers), you can stream music from iCloud, update your phone OS via wireless, and sync to iCloud. That equals less memory on the hand held device.

1. I have to pay for something an iPhone already does
2. No Exchange 2010 support

If you're aging that its fair to compare phones + apps, I think the iPhone wins that not just on the variety of apps, but also the average price point.

The best factor in favor of iPhone right now is memory requirements. With iTunes Match (still in Beta and only available to developers), you can stream music from iCloud, update your phone OS via wireless, and sync to iCloud. That equals less memory on the hand held device.
Where did you get it has no Exchange 2010 support...?

Comprehensive : Support for most number of data types (Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks) and Notes and SMS syncing for Exchange 2010 servers.

It mentioned it specifically.

I do not even see a reason to upgrade from 3GS, it's still perfect for my requirements. But we'll see what new features might be interesting to look at.

My iPhone does all that and more.

The iPhone is a total mess for any type of real office work and file exchange. I don't care if you want to use MobileMe, have other things set up - the iPhone OS was made to be a great media player and copy protected media distribution system. For that it excels greatly. As great as it excels there, it flops on office usage. Since Apple copy protects everything up the wazoo, the simple act of drag and drop usage and sync is not happening on the iPhone. Everything goes into the sandbox, is protected, and good luck if you have a problem with the app:

You have documents on your desktop PC that you quickly want to copy and edit on your phone - how can you accomplish this?

Android: Drag and drop file onto SD card, which mounts on your desktop as a drive and open up the document in ANY application.

iPhone: Connect wifi or use some other wireless source, download file using the application you want to use and then open up the file using that application. If your application fails then you're usually SOL.

I could care less about apps. Virtually all of them are available for Android and those that aren't, the web suffices just fine. After my experience with the iPhone 3GS (which I had for testing for several months), it was clear to me that anything to do with non-copy protected files and the Apple OS is a major chore by comparison.

Top Bottom