Anyone planning on getting an iPhone 4S? (was iPhone 5)

You will be able to in just week.

Your iPhone will be your wireless personal hotspot. Anything that supports bluetooth can connect to it and use it. You'll be able to drop your data plan on your iPad and connect through your iPhone.

We had a ground delay in St Louis heading to Boston. I knew I had done it with my Macbook, but had never tried it with my iPad. I sent the post saying it could be done from the plane using my iPad, which was connected to the internet via
bluetooth to the iPhone. It couldn't have been simpler.

Is your iPhone a 3Gs or 4 ?

Well she has a data plan on her phone and a mifi device not the ipad if I remember correctly. Apple is just allowing that bluetooth tethering now....yet it has been possible and I have been doing it since iOS 3
I have the data plan on my iPhone, and the mifi (with a data plan on it) for the iPad, because I couldn't tether the iPad to the iPhone. If I'm going to be able to do that now, I can pay off the plan on the mifi, and just use the phone's data for the iPad. I would be one happy camper!

I've been doing some googling. Apparently this ios5 tethering thing is working with Verizon, but not AT&T?

because all competing companies other than at&t are offering unlimited data at a flat rate...and at&t is not...they have since they had the monopoly on the iphone disbanded unlimited data in favor of the nickel and dime marketing which is going to work against them now...unless of course they change this methodology.

iPad is in airplane mode. No 3G, no WiFi. Only Bluetooth to iPhone hotspot and I can post this using AT&T. Don't believe the FUD. This is proof that it works.
This is from my MacBook Air, sharing the same connection on the iPhone. The only difference is the iPhone is connected via the USB cable.

Aside from battery, the iPhone 5 will outperform the Galaxy S2.
No, it will not be. :)
My Galaxy S2 International sports a 1.2 GHz Exynos 4210 processor (we don't even want to look at the models released in US with a 1.5 GHz processor). Apple will use a A5 processor which is Cortex ARM A8 based and is likely to be slower, the same way A4 was compared to original Cortex ARM A8 CPU. For a phone that is almost 1 year old, Galaxy S2 still remains the king of phones... until Samsung releases S3 in mid 2012 which will make one more time the iPhone look like a little kid toy. :)

My Galaxy S2 International sports a 1.2 GHz Exynos 4210 processor (we don't even want to look at the models released in US with a 1.5 GHz processor). Apple will use a A5 processor which is Cortex ARM A8 based and is likely to be slower, the same way A4 was compared to original Cortex ARM A8 CPU. For a phone that is almost 1 year old, Galaxy S2 still remains the king of phones... until Samsung releases S3 in mid 2012 which will make one more time the iPhone look like a little kid toy. :)
Or the Nexus Prime, which should be sporting at least as good specs as The GS2.

Except for the quad-core A6 coming to the iPhone in the same timeframe.

Top Bottom