XF 2.1 Anyone Import From Vb 5.4.3 to xenForo?

frankdavis

I found a company that wants 950.00 to migrate my vb 5.4.3 forum to xenforo. I see there is an import addon but it does not say it supports vb5.4.3 only 5.3 - Apparently that is simply because it has not been tested. Has anyone used the import addon to transfer a large vb 5.4 into xenforo with success?

As I said in the ticket, if you can confirm with VB what schema changes were made between 5.3 and 5.4, then we should be able to make an informed decision as to whether the importer will work.

Received this error when attempting import. Suggestions?
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1406]: Data too long for column 'old_id' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 217
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() insrc/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() insrc/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.phpat line 94
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 221
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Import/Log.php at line 117
  6. XF\Import\Log->log() in src/XF/Import/DataManager.php at line 116
  7. XF\Import\DataManager->log() insrc/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin5.php at line 531
  8. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin5->logExtraForumData() insrc/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2189
  9. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->importNodeTree() insrc/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2197
  10. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->importNodeTree() insrc/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2197
  11. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->importNodeTree() insrc/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2110
  12. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->stepForums() insrc/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 231
  13. XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 59
  14. XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line234
  15. XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() insrc/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  16. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line248
  17. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.phpat line 100
  18. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line50
  19. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
  20. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  21. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

I wonder if you could install a new 5.3, and, use their importer to import your 5.4.3 to 5.3. There could be db errors of course on the vB side, but the data may be good for importing to XF. Just an idea and worth a test if 5.4.3 is not doable.

UPDATE: So I looked at my databases and saw that I had a backup of VB in version 4 format and I had a files backup from the same date. I pointed the importer to the vb4 database and used the path to the attachments and it worked PERFECTLY. Because I attempted the import 2 other times with VB5 I did end up with 3X the users and forums ect but once I saw it worked perfectly and know now what works I can go start from scratch and do the import on a clean install.

Top Bottom