Anyone here do logos? Need a better logo for my forum

The Grand Potentate

I need a better logo than what a friend mocked up for me. I've been having trouble finding anyone to do the work that isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg. Honestly, I don't need anything that's going to result in 100 billable hours. Just a nice logo. And a favicon. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know.

It might help to show us the current logo and give us the URL to your site - so we can see what you're talking about? ;)

Reactions: LPH
You might try http://www.logomaker.com/

To try out the service, I did this one in a few clicks :

View attachment 48774

Is that a penguin?

It might help to show us the current logo and give us the URL to your site - so we can see what you're talking about? ;)

www.wdwv.net

logo.png

How much is an arm and a leg worth to you? There are sites that will have designers compete for your business. Most start at $180. You post up what you want, they design and so you. You remove the ones that are not even close, and suggest changes for the ones that are. Then you pick the one you like the best. That one gets what you offered to pay.

Another option is Fiverr. There are some people on there that do nice logos.

James

How much is an arm and a leg worth to you? There are sites that will have designers compete for your business. Most start at $180. You post up what you want, they design and so you. You remove the ones that are not even close, and suggest changes for the ones that are. Then you pick the one you like the best. That one gets what you offered to pay.

Another option is Fiverr. There are some people on there that do nice logos.

James

This. I paid $345 for my logo "package" from an online logo shop only because it offered unlimited revisions. Turned out I could have went with their $200 package as their initial designs were so good (based on what I said I wanted) that after a few revisions I had my final logo.

I need a better logo than what a friend mocked up for me. I've been having trouble finding anyone to do the work that isn't going to charge me an arm and a leg. Honestly, I don't need anything that's going to result in 100 billable hours. Just a nice logo. And a favicon. If you have any suggestions or recommendations, please let me know.

If you are wanting some that are text only, a place that has some neat options (from free for personal use to paid) is http://www12.flamingtext.com/All-Logos

I assume he means like a mascot-like avatar (like the penguin earlier in this thread) to lend a hand to the current "logo" - because honestly, it looks boring - the logo looks like it was designed for a professional clothing company or e-commerce site, IDK.

Nice domain name, BTW, OP! (y)

This. I paid $345 for my logo "package" from an online logo shop only because it offered unlimited revisions. Turned out I could have went with their $200 package as their initial designs were so good (based on what I said I wanted) that after a few revisions I had my final logo.

Link?

Thanks for the links guys. Someone else recommended logohulk.com so I started with him. Gonna check out DigitalPoint. Figure I might as well signup at a site that uses Xenforo...

I assume he means like a mascot-like avatar (like the penguin earlier in this thread) to lend a hand to the current "logo" - because honestly, it looks boring - the logo looks like it was designed for a professional clothing company or e-commerce site, IDK.

Nice domain name, BTW, OP! (y)

Definitely not mascot related! Thanks for the compliment.

Trying to learn to do it yourself (when you are graphically challenged) is "fun". I finally came up with some that are "sorta" ok for my site (which is called Just Say Apple). I don't know if I'm going to keep them or not, but of all the attempts I've made so far they have turned out the best (which ain't saying much :p).
logo.webp logo.webp logo.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom