Anyone here bought a Tesla?

If I wanted to be a passenger, i'd take the bus or train.

self-driving is something i'll never want.
It's nicer than I thought it would be actually. Like doing a 4 hour drive before, I'd feel tired (driver fatigue), now it just goes super quick and no driver fatigue. That's not to say it's not fun to drive yourself. I tend to just use the self-driving on the freeway where it's long and boring.

I tend to just use the self-driving on the freeway where it's long and boring.
I can see that. My son lives several hours away and when we go to visit, there's a long, fairly quiet stretch after we pass Toronto, Ontario where I tend to use Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keeping Assist a lot. If I had true self driving tech, that's the kind of drive where I would use it.

My wife has a Model 3. I don't like that I need to touch the steering wheel every 30 seconds.
It wasn't like that when autopilot came out. Some idots abused that features and got into fatal crashes so Tesla has to clamp down on it to make sure everyone is paying attention.

If I could afford a Model S or a Model X... I would get. Till then, I'm stuck in a Volkswagen Golf. (which I love)

I have a CyberTruck on reserve. :)

200.gif

Did a testdrive but bought a Kia e-Niro instead.
Actually, the Korean electrics are what I have my eye on. The Hyundai Kona and Kia Niro EVs are a good form factor, range, etc. for what I would need in an electric, just driving to work (14km each way) and shopping.

No, but I would really like to have Tesla. I'm generally curious what it's like to have an electric car, because I've never had such an experience. I've driven gasoline cars all my life. The environmental friendliness of the electric car is its huge advantage. Another advantage is that the car is very quiet and does not require large maintenance costs. But there are big downsides. The new car is quite expensive. And even if you have already bought such a car, you need to charge it somewhere. And it seems to me that this is the biggest problem, because we do not have a well-developed infrastructure of charging stations. I think over time it will all improve and develop, but personally I will wait with such a purchase.

The only electric car I would like to own (and one day can afford maybe) is the Polestar.

That car has a nice interior compared to a Tesla :censored:

I'm generally curious what it's like to have an electric car, because I've never had such an experience.
I've driven an electric Nissan Leaf since 2011. I never want to own a gas car again. Driving EV is so nice. Instant acceleration and completely quiet with NO maintenance. Seriously. Only thing I've done in 9 years is replace cabin filter, wipers, and rotate tires.

And the original Leaf is a horrible EV compared to what is available now. Original battery was replaced under warranty and it's pretty much like new still when it comes to range.
And even if you have already bought such a car, you need to charge it somewhere. And it seems to me that this is the biggest problem, because we do not have a well-developed infrastructure of charging stations.
This is a complete misnomer. I've rarely EVER had to use a charging station. Maybe once a month of that. You leave your house every day with a "full tank of gas" when you charge at home.

The Tesla superchargers are a major advantage for them as they are relatively abundant on travel routes and easy to use.

Using non Tesla charging stations remains quite unpleasant due to payment hassles, number of plugs per location, and charging speed.

Top Bottom