Anyone here bought a Tesla?

We passed by a Tesla "showroom" in Florida.

A look in the cabin and boot was all I needed to see that the materials, fit and finish are very poor quality.

It may be the future of motoring, but it's not my future.

I have an electric car and a Tesla will be my next car. Quality is getting a lot better and the tech is amazing.

It was very funny on the test drive. I was on the inside lane of a dual carriageway and the salesman asked me to try the automatic drive assist. He said indicate right and the car will pull out if it's safe.

Well the car disn't pull out, so he explained it as sasying "oh well, it must be the wrong kind of lane markings."

Bought a Kona instead.

Bought Hyundai Ioniq EV.

See, when I think about buying an electric (and I might given that our second car is only used for commuting and shopping so range and availability of charging isn't an issue), it's the Koreans that I am looking at. Both get decent to good reviews and they fit my buying profile (small, practical vehicles like Civics or small SUVs like the Honda CR-V). Teslas seem nice but pricey for my needs.

I bought my model S in 2016 and put in 50K+ miles (80K+ Km) since then. I took it to several cross country road trips where I use auto pilot 95% of the time.
It runs as good or better than the day I bought it. In fact, it's getting better as it's constantly getting software updates over the air. The pace of innovation from Tesla is unmatched. The current stock price is a reflection of it.

I'm going to order the new model X later this year, just waiting to hear if they announce something on the Battery day on Sept 22.

I already put in a pre-order for the Cybertruck which they are building a Gigafactory right now in Austin, TX.
I agree the interior quality is not as luxurious as other brands but the safety and quality of the car is unmatched.

Whatever electric car you choose, you will never go back to a gas car.

Whatever electric car you choose, you will never go back to a gas car.
I've driven a Leaf since 2011. The Leaf's range sucks but driving electric is amazing. Never buying gas again. Driving a gas car is like going back to a steam engine.

I've driven a Leaf since 2011. The Leaf's range sucks but driving electric is amazing. Never buying gas again. Driving a gas car is like going back to a steam engine.
A more apt comparison is going back to dumb phones again once you have to a smart phone.
Tesla is like Apple who transforms a whole industry and kill many giants (Nokia, etc).
I must say I enjoy driving Tesla for the past 4 years and would not buy any other car.

Last edited:
I have a Model X and I love it. I'm totally not a car guy either, I get a new car like once every 10-15 years. I had an H2 since 2004 prior to the Tesla. Went from a truck that didn't even have Bluetooth because Bluetooth wasn't a thing when it came out to a car that self-drives and gets a firmware update every 2 weeks with new features. 😂

Last edited:
I have a Model X and I love it. I'm totally not a car guy either, I get a new car like once every 10-15 years. I had an H2 since 2004 prior to the Tesla. Went from a truck that didn't even have Bluetooth because Bluetooth wasn't a thing when it came out to a car that self-drives and gets a firmware update every 2 weeks with new features. 😂
Which year?
I'm getting a 2020 LR+ for my wife sometime by the end of this year.
I may sell my S when I get my Cybertruck trimotor in 2021.

My model S after 4 years. Still looks and drives as new.

20200117_165830.webp

Which year?
I'm getting a 2020 LR+ for my wife sometime by the end of this year.
I may sell my S when I get my Cybertruck trimotor in 2021.
2018... I snuck in my order 24 hours before when they were (one of the times) ending free supercharging for life. Ordered it mid-September 2018 and took delivery at the end of November.

Top Bottom