Anyone have a high Google ranking Xenforo website?

Gregory Lynn

My website has over 700 pages indexed in Google and I have not had a single search. Does anyone have a high Google ranking website that gets a lot of searches?

When I ran my Wordpress/MyBB forum I started getting Google searches the first week. I started my XenForo website May 25 2011 and not a single search so far. And also my sitemap is only showing 4 indexed pages by Google. Why is it taking so long to Index the sitemap?

P.S. the only thing I can think of is the forum use to be IPB before XenForo. Even though it didn't have any content or members Google still indexed it.

700 pages is nothing. How big is your forum? You need content, content, content.

But even with a Xenforo site with only 1000 indexed pages I get traffic from Google.

Its not too big yet 24 member 157 threads and 757 posts. How ever I have tried to put the name of 10 different threads in Google and nothing came up. With the wordpress/MyBB forum people were finding the forum with no problem doing random searches with in the first week and I had less content.

You need also to have links in another websites to your forum (the first step is to have links on directories, use article marketing, link exchange etc.). Generally when you have more links from sites for the same niche you have better seo.

Another thing is to use the Google webmaster tools and increase the crawl rate: go to Site configuration ->
Settings -> Crawl rate. A little increase (not too big if you have a shared hosting or a small vps, because this increase the googlebot traffic on your website) can be helpful.

You can also try to submit rss sitemap...

How did you measure your "ranking" simply typed the URL of your website?
if thats the case I am on 1,060,000

You check your Google rank on a website like this. http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php

Page Rank is a completely outdated indicator which is hardly used. It is only updated a few times each year. It simply should never be used for anything.

My website has over 700 pages indexed in Google and I have not had a single search. Does anyone have a high Google ranking website that gets a lot of searches?

My website receives a lot of search traffic. I am ranked #1 for some terms related to my site in Google, Yahoo and Bing.

I notice your site does appear in Google. Your site is only a couple weeks old, and you have very little content (169 threads total).

XF does a good job of SEO. You need to follow up with providing great content and links to your site. That is where you are lacking presently.

Well I wouldn't say PageRank is a useless indicator, it can show you something about your site, but I wouldn't focus too much on it. I agree that it all starts with unique and interesting content, and the more you have of it the better.

I just wanted to update this thread for anyone considering XenForo. Jun 5 I was worried about getting Google Searches/traffic. Here we are 23 days later and according to Google Analytics 20% of new visitors to my forum have come from Google. To me that shows the SEO power of XenForo, I can only imagine what % its going to be next month when I have a full month of searches.

Page Rank is a completely outdated indicator which is hardly used. It is only updated a few times each year. It simply should never be used for anything.
Actually Page Rank is constantly updated, you're probably thinking of the Toolbar Page Rank which gets updated about every 3 months. ;)

Reactions: joX
One site I know in the same niche got its PR as high as 6 few months ago. After it's being spammed mercilessly for few months, it dropped to 3 and was back up to 4 today.

If you don't monitor your site closely and let hundred of spammers sign up every day, each one with 0 post and spammy links in profile, signature, Google will penalize you very quickly.

The software used in the board above is SMF, btw.

Actually Page Rank is constantly updated, you're probably thinking of the Toolbar Page Rank which gets updated about every 3 months. ;)
Brandon, I like you and enjoy your posts on other topics. I prefer not to debate SEO with you. Why?

When I began learning SEO, I (like most people) read whatever information I could locate on the internet. The problem is, MOST of that information is either completely inaccurate or outdated. People have a tendency to believe what they read. I fell into that category and most of my initial SEO learnings were wrong.

The primary reliable source of SEO information for me is Matt Cutts who leads Google's web spam team and has been with them for 10 years. He is surely the world's most recognized official source of SEO information.

The second best source of information would be SEOmoz. They are Alexa ranked around the 500th most popular website in the world, and the top site for SEO information. SEO professionals from around the world share information on the site.

Here is Matt Cutts explaining Page Rank. I don't know how to position the information I shared any clearer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Jup5R1MGY

Top Bottom