XF 2.2 Anyone experienced with setting up email handling with GoDaddy hosting.

DrCustUmz

I am trying to set up the smtp email transport according to godaddy (REF) you need to use the following configuration:
Outgoing server and ports
  • Outgoing server (SMTP): smtpout.secureserver.net
  • SSL Port: 465 or 587
Along with your email / password, which in my case is noreply@dirtrif.com

I have tried both 465 and 587 and for some reason have not been able to successfully send an email. My error log is reporting:

Code:
Connection could not be established with host smtpout.secureserver.net :stream_socket_client(): unable to connect to ssl://smtpout.secureserver.net:587 (Connection refused) src/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/Transport/StreamBuffer.php:269

which I found a little odd.

This is new to me, I have never actually messed with my hosting's email portion. So under GoDaddy products page, I have Workspace email which only includes a noreply@dirtrif.com

In my cPanel admin under the email section, I have set up multiple email accounts including hello@dirtrif.com (which for these test I set as the default email sender)
then under xF email SMTP options I entered the data I was given from GoDaddy:

Code:
Username:    hello@dirtrif.com
Password:    Use the email account’s password.
Incoming Server:    dirtrif.com
IMAP Port: 993 POP3 Port: 995
Outgoing Server:    dirtrif.com
SMTP Port: 465

Yet emails are still failing to send.

I dont understand why setting up an email handler is so difficult, but I'm struggling more than I'd like to admit and just wondered if anyone could help me out with this.

Top Bottom