Anyone else locked out their Registration on their XF's?

Thank you very much. Can you please explain me why the devs are not here?

Hi

I can not speak for the developers. But I assume with the increasing community in this forum, they are now organized differently. As far as I can see only the Moderators are all the time present in the xF forum and the developers can concentrate on what they can do best (mainly coding I hope :D ).

This is how I do it with all my forums when defining the different job descriptions between my moderators and my administrators in each forum. 99% of the job is in the responsibility of the moderators, the administrator only jumps in, if it is outside of the jobdescription of the moderator rights.

I am sure that if there would be something outside of the power of the moderators here, they would jump in. But in this situation, noone can do it better or more than the moderators ;)

When logged in to the admin area, what's the path to switch from captcha to q & a, please?
Thanks in advance!
It's a toggle on the User Registration options. Then go to the Tools menu and setup your Q&A questions. Cheers, Shaun :D

I wonder if you just need to add a Q&A and enable that question.
To add a Q&A: Admin > Tools > Question and Answer.

enable.question.and.answer.captcha.xenforo.webp

You can double check in: ADMIN > Options > Registration.

I changed my Q&A questions and the spam stopped.

Some spam tools have been updated to work with XenForo, so expect this spam situation to only increase.

I changed my Q&A questions and the spam stopped.

Some spam tools have been updated to work with XenForo, so expect this spam situation to only increase.
I think it's smart to change your questions every month or few months if you remember. (y)
I'm sure there are databases with our sites in them and the questions to answer, if we keep changing them, it'll be tougher for the spammers to get it. :cool:

I'm sure there are databases with our sites in them and the questions to answer, if we keep changing them, it'll be tougher for the spammers to get it. :cool:
I was thinking the same thing. Once one of the human spammers has answered them correctly, they must be submitting them somewhere for the bots to use.

add my forums to the list to be hit with more spam this last week
I changed my questions and answer options
Same here. Admin Extra got hit with so many spammers.. took me a while to wade through them all. Then I brainstormed some new Q&As with someone online... got some brilliant questions ;D

Top Bottom