• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed I can't manually approve users before their registration is completed

Affected version
I use xenforo 2.x. To anti-spam, I in Registration setup I choose Enable manual approval.
When I manually approve users it is like this image:

we-ran-into-some-problem.png

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Are there any clues in your Server Error console as to what the error is? Like the error explains, is there any details in the browser console?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Is this the same installation that has nearly 2,000 entries in the approval queue?

I think that's related, though it likely is still a bug. In XF1 we limited this to a maximum of 30 entries at a time. As it is now, it's probably hitting the max_input_vars limit in PHP.

As a temporary measure, you could increase that in php.ini, though you'll likely need to increase it to above 6000!

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
We've made a change here for the next release. In XF1 we limited the list to 30 items at a time. We're applying a similar limit, though 50 probably seems more reasonable. You could always edit the file if you wish to display more at a time.

To fix it right now, find the file src/XF/Pub/Controller/ApprovalQueue.php and find:
PHP:
'unapprovedItems' => $unapprovedItems
And change to:
PHP:
'unapprovedItems' => $unapprovedItems->slice(0, 50)
You would change 50 to whichever number you like in future to make it display more entries at a time.