Anyone a Halo fan? Looking forward to Halo 4?

Carlos

When Halo 4 info was revealed, it was trending worldwide on twitter just a while ago.

Here's the Halo 4 trailer:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm hard at work on a new project and I need to make a call for action from Halo fans:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/EverythingHalo/127817350658913

Please like it, and I'll return a favor to you soon. A chance to win a copy of Halo 4. ;)

While you're at it, use this thread to discuss anything related to halo 4. :D

I've just discovered Halo Firefight. Oh man this is awesome. I have always wanted Halo to have bots and they finally did it. This was in ODST too but I didn't realize that's what it basically was - Multiplayer with Bots.

I don't know if I'm really looking forward to Halo 4. It kind of seems like they are trying to do too much with it. I have been a Halo fan since the beginning of it but I personally couldn't stand playing Reach at all. I may try Halo 4 to see if I can get into it.

I've just discovered Halo Firefight. Oh man this is awesome. I have always wanted Halo to have bots and they finally did it. This was in ODST too but I didn't realize that's what it basically was - Multiplayer with Bots.
It's not in Halo 4, sadly.
I don't know if I'm really looking forward to Halo 4. It kind of seems like they are trying to do too much with it. I have been a Halo fan since the beginning of it but I personally couldn't stand playing Reach at all. I may try Halo 4 to see if I can get into it.
Too many people ignored what Bungie said they were doing with it, and expected it to play quite similar to Halo 2 and Halo 3 despite the fact it takes place outside of that trilogy.

In either case, the upcoming changes to Halo 4 are very worrying. I'm still not sure if I'm going to pre-order it.

I'll be pre-ordering it, I watched the multiplayer video they put out and I nerdgasmed when I saw they brought back the BR, now I can 4shot kids again lol. I'm going to be getting back into reach in preparation for Halo 4 but I'll mostly be doing forge lol.

I'll be pre-ordering it, I watched the multiplayer video they put out and I nerdgasmed when I saw they brought back the BR, now I can 4shot kids again lol. I'm going to be getting back into reach in preparation for Halo 4 but I'll mostly be doing forge lol.
I'm still majorly unsure of the multiplayer changes they've made, hence my hesitation.

I'm also worried they're going to be catering mostly to MLG/competitive players and ease out the less-serious players.

I'm also worried they're going to be catering mostly to MLG/competitive players and ease out the less-serious players.

Why do you think this?

I see the exact opposite that started with Reach. Seems like they are catering to the less-serious players. The competitiveness within the MLG community dropped when Reach came out because of all the armor abilities and other different things. Most of those had to be removed for MLG settings along with several other settings.

Why do you think this?

I see the exact opposite that started with Reach. Seems like they are catering to the less-serious players. The competitiveness within the MLG community dropped when Reach came out because of all the armor abilities and other different things. Most of those had to be removed for MLG settings along with several other settings.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't MLG play under custom games with finely-tuned settings specific to their goals anyway? Especially with weapon placements, type of weapons, and other stuff like that? If Armor Abilities were such a problem for MLG, they could be simple disabled or pick out which ones they want to use and they have.

My point is that MLG can be quite... vocal about things. My fear is that 343i will be playing major favoritism to them specifically, and it seems they've already been having some MLG players play-test Halo 4 already.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't MLG play under custom games with finely-tuned settings specific to their goals anyway? Especially with weapon placements, type of weapons, and other stuff like that? If Armor Abilities were such a problem for MLG, they could be simple disabled or pick out which ones they want to use and they have.

My point is that MLG can be quite... vocal about things. My fear is that 343i will be playing major favoritism to them specifically, and it seems they've already been having some MLG players play-test Halo 4 already.

Yes, you're correct that MLG has their settings modified. Even with the ability to customize the settings, the gameplay in Reach is what I think really killed the competitiveness.

I do see your point but I don't see how they could mess up the game for the less-serious players. I think they may be trying to see how the MLG players feel about the H4 gameplay.

Yes, you're correct that MLG has their settings modified. Even with the ability to customize the settings, the gameplay in Reach is what I think really killed the competitiveness.

I do see your point but I don't see how they could mess up the game for the less-serious players. I think they may be trying to see how the MLG players feel about the H4 gameplay.
Well it seems that the speed and jump height is back to where it was in Halo 3, so that's fine. Sprint is now default for all players, and the other armor abilities can be used on top of that.

What worries me most is the armor customization. Instead of in Reach where armor changes were strictly cosmetic, which is fair, ranking up in Halo 4 allows you to unlock customizations to your armor and weapons which actually affect gameplay, and gains you access to other armor abilities. That is a huge step away from what Halo is and it really has me on edge. 343i have been trying to say it will be balanced but I don't see how that's possible.

Another thing is their steadfast stance on not having a multiplayer beta which I think is a huge mistake. They claim it's so they can focus on finishing and polishing the game... isn't that what a beta helps do? Especially with the changes they're making, it makes solid sense to do so and factor it into your development schedule. It just baffles me that it seems they want to make the deadline for holiday sales than to make a solid gaming experience first.

Well it seems that the speed and jump height is back to where it was in Halo 3, so that's fine. Sprint is now default for all players, and the other armor abilities can be used on top of that.

What worries me most is the armor customization. Instead of in Reach where armor changes were strictly cosmetic, which is fair, ranking up in Halo 4 allows you to unlock customizations to your armor and weapons which actually affect gameplay, and gains you access to other armor abilities. That is a huge step away from what Halo is and it really has me on edge. 343i have been trying to say it will be balanced but I don't see how that's possible.

Another thing is their steadfast stance on not having a multiplayer beta which I think is a huge mistake. They claim it's so they can focus on finishing and polishing the game... isn't that what a beta helps do? Especially with the changes they're making, it makes solid sense to do so and factor it into your development schedule. It just baffles me that it seems they want to make the deadline for holiday sales than to make a solid gaming experience first.

I do agree with all your points here. It seems like they are trying to go the route of CoD with unlocking armor and weapon customization. I don't know for sure if they will be catering to the competitive or less-serious players but I do feel they are trying to attract more players. At the same time, they could also lose a good amount of the community which is what Reach did.

I think they should have had a beta. Now they are banking on it to be perfect on its release rather than being able to label it as a beta. I guarantee they will be having to push out updates anyways because a large part of the community will not like some part of the game.

I personally will not be preordering Halo 4 but I still may buy it as I did with Reach. I ended up selling my Reach not too long after which I will do with Halo 4 if I cannot get into it.

I don't see why when MLG didn't even put Halo on the game list for this season.

I bought it last week. I'm really amazed at the production values. They went H.A.M. I only have 3 issues:

1. No classic monks in the iconic Halo soundtrack due to some average new composer trying to do his own thing.
2. No classic Halo 1 pistol (I'll always complain about that until they bring it back)
3. None of the old powerups from the old Halos.

It's not in Halo 4, sadly.Too many people ignored what Bungie said they were doing with it, and expected it to play quite similar to Halo 2 and Halo 3 despite the fact it takes place outside of that trilogy.
You do realize that 343 Industries took over development of future Halo titles? Bungie separated from Microsoft about a year or two ago. So, starting with Halo Anniversary, 343 Industries leads all halo development. That includes Halo 4.

You do realize that 343 Industries took over development of future Halo titles? Bungie separated from Microsoft about a year or two ago. So, starting with Halo Anniversary, 343 Industries leads all halo development. That includes Halo 4.
You do realize I was talking about Reach, not Halo 4 in that instance, right? I'm well aware of Bunge/Microsoft/343i history.

Top Bottom