1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody think 1.2 is a little slow?

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by realaqu, Sep 17, 2013.

1. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

1.1.4 is much faster than 1.2, and even slower than vb4.2.1

same server same condition
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Nudaii and MattW like this.
  3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I personally think 1.2 is slightly faster than 1.1.X
    Puntocom and Nudaii like this.
  4. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

can not tell the difference on my desktop, but on smart phone, there is like iphone 4s, note2 etc
  5. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

6. Khaleal

Khaleal Active Member

From usual use I can't tell if 1.2 is slower the the previous one. In that case only a page speed test can tell.
  7. Parminder Singh Chahal

Parminder Singh Chahal Active Member

I converted a vb 4.2.1 forum to xf 1.2 recently and with VB my Google webmaster tools crawl stats page showed between 170 to 190ms for time spent downloading a page and since the conversion to xenforo 1.2 it has been showing between 60ms to 80ms with no spikes above 80ms. This is mainly due to the size of the page but apart from the size I do see a decrease in page generation time. This is all on the same server with no changes.
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No issues with XenForo Community here; it's definitely something on your end.
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

XF has always been quick for me. No issues or ever had issues with xf speediness since I've used it.
    The Forum Heroes and Amaury like this.
  10. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

any reason casued this? 1.1.4 has a mobile skin, vb4.2.1 also have default mobile skin, 1.2 doesn't have one, is it the reason slow down loading the pages? on desktop or ipad, they are fine,
  11. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Even faster than when vBulletin Community Forum was on vBulletin 4.
  12. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Now that you mention it, the 1.36s load time was a little sluggish. @Mike needs to hurry things along a little!

But in honesty, no, it must be something your end. It's been as quick as normal.
    Adam Howard and Amaury like this.
  13. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

I just use my iphone 4s loading this page, still slower than vb4.2.1 on a mobile skin, is it time for xenforo design a default mobile skin optimized for smart phones?

14. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

for example
    try to use your iphone broswering
    www. macrumors.com, I believe their forum is based on vb4, I personally think it is faster than xenforo community
  15. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

What OS for the iphone 4S ?
    What browser ?
  16. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

No thanks...
  17. Teapot

Teapot Well-Known Member

Even with the ImageMagick-heavy custom application on our site, it's still significantly faster than phpBB ever was. And I've never ever heard of anyone complaining about how XenForo is slower than pretty much anything else before, so I'm finding it difficult to believe the software is at fault here.
  18. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Macrumors.com is running vBulletin 3.8.7.
  19. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

I have found 1.2 to be faster then 1.1.x and comparing server resource stats, resources being about 7% less then when the same sites were still using 1.1.5
    CyclingTribe, MattW and hellreturn like this.
  20. realaqu

realaqu Active Member

ios5 safari
    Because I check macrumors everyday, I have the feelings their mobile skin is a little faster than in here