Any way to recover my account?

D.Rich99

I purchased Xenforo some time ago. Maybe even 5-10 years (I don't remember) and since then my forum closed and I've long since forgotten any login details for my Xenforo account. It was likely a different email address, which I don't remember or have access to any more.

Is there any way to recover this account? Perhaps through personal details such as my address or bank or something? I may be able to remember the password if I can at least be told my previous username.

I figure I need to ask this via a support ticket rather than in this forum, but obviously that isn't possible without knowing my login details

Thank you for any help.

The first step is to Contact us here.

When you do if you can provide some guesses as to what the email address might have been, what the URL of your forum was, and anything else you think might be relevant (full name, postal address, phone number) then hopefully we can track it down.

I will warn you, however, retrieving access to your account without access to the email address is going to be tricky.

Thank you very much, I'll do that in the morning.

Also, would a 1.x license bought 5+ years ago still entitle me to download the latest 2.x version (assuming I'm able to recover the account)?

Ok. Cheers for the replies. Much appreciated.

Also, one last thing (I think last anyway...), could anyone please point me to a post/page which details the differences between 1.x and 2.x so that I can decide if the upgrade is necessary for my needs. Thanks.

Ok. Cheers for the replies. Much appreciated.

Also, one last thing (I think last anyway...), could anyone please point me to a post/page which details the differences between 1.x and 2.x so that I can decide if the upgrade is necessary for my needs. Thanks.
If you're going to use xF, you definitely want the latest version, as v1 and 1.5 are EoL.

I know it's outdated, but I'm more concerened with my specific needs.

For example, (assuming I'm able to recover my account) XF 1.x may be 'EoL' but it's probably still a better option than the latest SMF version, which is what I would be using otherwise.

So, given that 1.x on it's own would be a massive improvement, I'm interested to learn why paying more for 2.x would be worthwile.

For example, (assuming I'm able to recover my account) XF 1.x may be 'EoL' but it's probably still a better option than the latest SMF version, which is what I would be using otherwise.

So, given that 1.x on it's own would be a massive improvement, I'm interested to learn why paying more for 2.x would be worthwile.
"Have you seen" thread is most informative, explaining in detail the features of xF 2.x.

If your license is over 5 years old, chances are you might only be eligible to download 1.2 or 1.3 which have been EOL for 5+ years.

These versions won’t work with modern PHP versions and server set ups, recent add-ons and styles won’t work either.

If your license is capable of downloading 1.5 then that isn’t totally unreasonable as it is only recently EOL, but that doesn’t seem like it will be the case for you so realistically if you’re going to use XF you should only contemplate doing so if you’re prepared to renew your license and use the latest version.

Top Bottom