Any update on the last set of settlement talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carsten^

This is in response to Jake's thread of updates as to what's happening with the law suit, is there any update as to what happened through the settlement talks yet?

We won't know, as of now, I doubt either party reached to an agreement, most likely there will be some another meeting scheduled at a later date and setting up a new date...who knows, this whole thing is starting to become stupid.

Pacer had no new documents at the end of business today which is odd. Usually there are there within 72 hours. but a few times its taken a little longer.

Pacer had no new documents at the end of business today which is odd. Usually there are there within 72 hours. but a few times its taken a little longer.

True, but if there's nothing to report, there's nothing to report. The next planned court date that hasn't been changed as of yet is March 4th, the pretrial conference.

My theory at the moment and only a theory: There will have to be an update this week or otherwise the pretrial conference will be held as planned. If the March 4th hearing is cancelled this week, then there must have been solution to come out of the settlement talks. Or, March 4th could be continued to another date if the settlement discussions continue on. What is odd is that no minutes had been filed to indicate that the conference is still ongoing. Again, all we can do is wait until something is filed this week or March 4th comes and an actual trial date is set.

The remaining wildcard that hasn't been addressed is the summary judgement motion, that is still active and has not been acted upon. The judge should deny the motion to clear it from the docket, if it is not to be used.

We seem to be working ourselves into a frenzy again. There hasn't been an update yet and nothing we can say is likely to change that. All we can do is wait - wait for a PACER update or some statement from KAM. With the various dates involved now we are certainly in the "end game" and we should have our answers one way or another soon :)

All the pointless speculation, false claims and competitor bashing have been removed. And its getting old.

The person who made the new account just to put provocative comments has had the new account banned, and his main account put into modderation.

Hiding behind second accounts to act in such a way is just cowardly and shows an obvious intent just to cause trouble.

Hiding behind second accounts to act in such a way is just cowardly and shows an obvious intent just to cause trouble.
Off Topic
I banned someone for doing this just a few days ago. Multiple accounts is worth the same number of points required for a one month ban on my board - I guess I'm just cruel, but honestly they deserved it.

On Topic
I'll be patiently waiting. I really hope the best for KAM; they've had to put up with this nonsense for far too long.

Off Topic
I banned someone for doing this just a few days ago. Multiple accounts is worth the same number of points required for a one month ban on my board - I guess I'm just cruel, but honestly they deserved it.

Just a month? You're too nice! I kill both accounts. Permanently. :D

Kier had been showing up fairly regularly for awhile (even though he couldn't be arsed to say anything), but now shows absent since the 13th. Not sure if that means anything or nothing at all, but I have noticed the change.

Ummm... Josh.... tomorrow is the 27th Feb... the 13th has been and gone . . . So I'm pretty sure that's not what you actually mean by your words.... but.. i'll be damned if I can figure out what you're trying to say :D

The implication I was trying to make was one that Kier's disappearance may have something to do with settlement talks, which happened on the 13th.

My biggest peeve in this particular was that people accuse Kier of dropping the ball on February 13 when it is clearly documented he is doing something such as engaging in settlement talks.

The implication I was trying to make was one that Kier's disappearance may have something to do with settlement talks, which happened on the 13th.

My biggest peeve in this particular was that people accuse Kier of dropping the ball on February 13 when it is clearly documented he is doing something such as engaging in settlement talks.
I was hoping that was what you meant.. I just wanted to be sure :)

Kier had been showing up fairly regularly for awhile (even though he couldn't be arsed to say anything), but now shows absent since the 13th. Not sure if that means anything or nothing at all, but I have noticed the change.

I have also noticed that change. I have also noticed another change: No more vB bashing allowed since a few days (which is good!). Extended to IPB, but only after that complaint came up.

You should close this thread, if nobody is allowed to write what he/she thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom