Any Joomla people here?

It is too involved and takes toooo much planning and categorizing and dividing and ... and ...
dead.gif
dead.gif
in one word : bloated

Try concrete5 and see the difference

Never worked with concrete or modx but i have more then 4 yrs experience with joomla . Did more then 15sites during that period it's just difficult for those who are not used to it and yes once you learn making your own custom modules it's simple and easy .

Never worked with concrete or modx but i have more then 4 yrs experience with joomla . Did more then 15sites during that period it's just difficult for those who are not used to it and yes once you learn making your own custom modules it's simple and easy .

Oh no ... no .... I am an old goat
icon10.gif
I have used Joomla ... I quit using it few years ago, We switched to ASP.NET ... but then we started using other PHP applications and I can tell you the only thing going for Joomla is the huge community and the number of years it's been out there compared to the new kids on the block.
The new kids are much much much cleaner. give them a go on your localhost. you will be impressed ;) and skinning is as simple as copy paste your HTML / CSS and ad few php lines a la ASP.NET master pages ;)

Oh no ... no .... I am an old goat
icon10.gif
I have used Joomla ... I quit using it few years ago, We switched to ASP.NET ... but then we started using other PHP applications and I can tell you the only thing going for Joomla is the huge community and the number of years it's been out there compared to the new kids on the block.
The new kids are much much much cleaner. give them a go on your localhost. you will be impressed ;) and skinning is as simple as copy paste your HTML / CSS and ad few php lines a la ASP.NET master pages ;)

I hardly use joomla for my Projects and everything depends on customers interest we can't say no when they ask for Joomla :) Well i am always willing to try something new and very light stuffs so my members won't have any complains .

I hardly use joomla for my Projects and everything depends on customers interest we can't say no when they ask for Joomla :) Well i am always willing to try something new and very light stuffs so my members won't have any complains .

True .. you follow the market and you are right ...

Hi guys, am developing a site currently with Joomla. I would have gladly gone ahead with WP. But the problem was that this site is way too complicated and requires about 6 different content types which behave differently on submission, edition and display. I couldn't accomplish the different content types with WP and Drupal is way way too complicated so Joomla it is. They have great CCKs for Joomla and I am using one which is so damned advanced that there's no kind of site you can't build with it.

So yes there are pros and cons for Joomla. :)

I'm starting to look into concrete5

You will love it :) If my old man does then everyone will :D
.... and aside from the ease of use it's well written using an MVC architecture just like xenforo. and if I ever need a custom code it's a piece of cake (reasonable folks)

You will love it :) If my old man does then everyone will :D
.... and aside from the ease of use it's well written using an MVC architecture just like xenforo. and if I ever need a custom code it's a piece of cake (reasonable folks)
I would like to start up a site where people can have their own journals. I want to have a fitness journal site where people can keep track of their workouts. Would concrete5 be a good use for this project?

I would like to start up a site where people can have their own journals. I want to have a fitness journal site where people can keep track of their workouts. Would concrete5 be a good use for this project?

It will ... but in this scenario I think you will be better off with WP Multi-Site where each user can have their own blog just like at wordpress.org
you can even set it up at signup for your users to have subdomains : user.yourdomain.com which will contain their own blog pic gallery etc .. etc ..

In case you are not familiar with this, here is some reading material : http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Plus there is a bridge xF + WP multi-site ;)

Top Bottom