Any IT Guys/Girls Here?

So you insult those in this thread, then personally insult me and I'm the one trolling.. ya ok..lmao
on to the ignore list ;)

sure thing
So one last digg...take the high road like you didn't accuse me of being an elitist...you are a troll and as an admin of an admin forum you should be ashamed of yourself because you do know better.

I made a factual statement of what was said directly in this thread and made it a point to make it so I didn't have to call a name out...

You called me out by name and quoting partially, snipped out the basic point of my post and tried to manipulate it...to make me sound like a bad guy.

So yes...stop and please ignore me...I have nothing to lose, for future ref. anyone insulting anyone in the order to make themselves look better will receive the same type of reply.

I can has network?

2013-07-03 15.52.32.webp

There is another pile of them on the other side of reception as well.

Does help working for a network company ;)
Oh cool didn't realize that was actually a picture you took lol...

tell you what...I would love a garage full of equipment and when someone asks me where it came from I can be the first guy to ever say 'they fell onto a truck'

Yeah, I was reading this thread, and went through reception to get a coffee, and thought it would make a nice addition.

I've just re-done all the cabling in my house for my home LAN, but the wife wouldn't appreciate me bringing home a 48 port Catalyst switch for the bedroom.

Yeah, I was reading this thread, and went through reception to get a coffee, and thought it would make a nice addition.

I've just re-done all the cabling in my house for my home LAN, but the wife wouldn't appreciate me bringing home a 48 port Catalyst switch for the bedroom.

Ohh chit , that's whats in the boxes! Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Tell her that you are beta testing the product and if you leave the best review after a year of testing that they will give you all sorts of new home furnishings or some form of compensation. Just pray that she doesn't remember in a year (or bite the bullet and bring home the switch with a gift to her on top of the box :-))

Or do what I do, build my own furniture and hide equipment in them :) The underside of my desk without a cover on it was a serious risk of shock :whistle:

I used to have 3 Catalyst switches running at home, sounded like a test wind tunnel. Ripped it all out in the end :)

Ohh chit , that's whats in the boxes! Gimme Gimme Gimme!

Tell her that you are beta testing the product and if you leave the best review after a year of testing that they will give you all sorts of new home furnishings or some form of compensation. Just pray that she doesn't remember in a year (or bite the bullet and bring home the switch with a gift to her on top of the box :))

Or do what I do, build my own furniture and hide equipment in them :) The underside of my desk without a cover on it was a serious risk of shock :whistle:
It's a mixture, some switches, and a load of 2811 routers.

We use all sorts at work from the older 2600 routers to the big 7600

This is from one of the fully loaded 7609's

Code:
1 SIP-200 controller (4 Serial)(16 E1).
21 Virtual Ethernet interfaces
226 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
100 Serial interfaces
16 Channelized E1 ports

Oh and if thought the Catalyst series of switches are noisy,
Three 48 port switches in your house?? Or were they the 8 port ones or something?
48 port and 24 ports, running IOS.

Catalyst switches are whisper quiet compared to the Cisco Nexus range :p

Damn lol...

Random question of no consequence...is cisco allowed to use IOS as a name simply because they don't uppercase the i, or did that software come out before apples iOS?

I posted this topic on another forum and they actually suggested what phone setup to use, something that was mostly ignored in this thread. There wasn't any 'elitist' type replies either other than 'hire a contractor' and 'pay me to do it or give you advice' lol
Avaya and Cisco make some nice VOIP equipment. We used both at a call center I did IT work for. I preferred the Cisco stuff myself. On that aspect, I would probably get a contractor to set them up with the VOIP system. I had the opportunity to do it for the Dr. office I do work for and told 'em no thanks - it was actually more headache than I wanted. :coffee:

I know the Cisco 6500 Catalysts we ran in the data center were not whisper quite (unless their power supply was dead!). There were approximately 2150 ports set up in the center - and that room was noisy. Of course, it didn't help that there was a gigantic battery backup unit in there as well as a cooling system for the room itself.

Edited (forgot - there were 520 seats per side of the center with 2 data ports at each station - then about 70 more in the admin offices and training rooms)

Top Bottom