XF 1.4 Any issue with re-uploading fresh core/add-on files?

Live Free

So after my issue with data loss I'm proactively taking steps to reduce threads against data loss, spam, and security.

My public_html folder contains many files that are no longer in user, including an old wordpress installation, files from vbulletin, old xenforo add-ons I haven't used. I've already deleted most of those but I wait to safeguard against any security breach that's taken place or could.

My question is:

To ensure I remove any old files no longer in use, can I remove most of my public_html content, re-upload all xenforo core files, re-upload the latest version of the xenforo add-ons I'm using? Are there any problems with this?

Obviously I'd have to ensure .htaccess, config.php, /data/ and /internal_data/ and any old vbulletin redirect files remain, but aside from that is there any issue re-uploading everything to remove any old/unused/potential risky files?

To ensure I remove any old files no longer in use, can I remove most of my public_html content, re-upload all xenforo core files, re-upload the latest version of the xenforo add-ons I'm using? Are there any problems with this?

Obviously I'd have to ensure .htaccess, config.php, /data/ and /internal_data/ and any old vbulletin redirect files remain, but aside from that is there any issue re-uploading everything to remove any old/unused/potential risky files?
That would be fine.

As far as XF is concerned, you would just need to ensure you don't delete .htaccess (if customised), config.php and anything in the data and internal_date directories.

Top Bottom